Best budget suspension setup? 88 GT Vert

• Sponsors (?)

Strange 10 way adjustables are cheap and effective.
As far as springs, I couldn't tell ya. But I've seen a lot of people use the Ford racing springs :shrug:
Also, Eibach makes springs for our cars. There's actually plenty of spring choices

Guess ill go with the Ford Racing Springs, and Tokico HP series front strut, and rear shock.

Unless I can find something better, I am not putting this car back on the ground the way it was.

6a9yma4y.jpg

ypupudep.jpg

Attachments

• 6a9yma4y.jpg
    6a9yma4y.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 153
  • 6a9yma4y.jpg
    6a9yma4y.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 147
  • ypupudep.jpg
    ypupudep.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 149
  • ypupudep.jpg
    ypupudep.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 143
First, what size wheels are you putting on.

Tokico Blues are probably the best shocks for the money IMO. Don't forget about the quad shocks.

For springs, do you want a progressive rate or fixed? How much of a drop do you want. Ford makes a B and a C lowering spring, One is progressive. Also H&R and Eibach make good lowering springs. You should match the springs with the shocks. Also know that you should look into a set of CC plates and bumpsteer kit when you start changing stock suspension/geometry and wheels. I would also strongly recommend that at the minimum you inspect/replace the stock worn rear control arm bushings if not the upgrade the control arms. The rubber bushings when worn throw off a ton of deflection and you might as well address that while a the same time.

steeda sport springs, tokico blues and a decent set of LCA's (steeda, MM...) If your going to lower it more than a inch an a quarter then Id look at a bumpsteer kit to keep the tie rods where they need to be.

id go right to coilovers. upr addon kit is nice for the price. 12" 250# springs and all the adjustability you'll ever need. buy once and be done
I wouldnt really call coilovers a budget setup lol, I spent $1000 on mine and that was supposed to be a "budget setup". I'd just get some decent replacement shocks and struts if its just a street/weekend cruiser, and I like Eibach springs but really everyone is just going to tell you what they used. I would look for different pictures of springs and find a height you like, then just search for reviews on ride quality, The Eibach Prokit gave my car a nice stance, and the ride quality was really good. Wasn't low enough for me though so I went coilovers.

Picture is with Eibach Prokit.
IMG_7954.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7954.jpg
    IMG_7954.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_7954.jpg
    IMG_7954.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: 1 user
Pm Sharad from UPR

^^ suspension extraordinaire
id go right to coilovers. upr addon kit is nice for the price. 12" 250# springs and all the adjustability you'll ever need. buy once and be done

Thanks guys. Good suspension isn't cheap, but it doesn't have to cost a fortune. Plus, it can be done one part at a time, in order to make it more affordable.

On a tight budget, I'd recommend UPR Pro Series lowering springs (made for us by Eibach, to the same spec as their Pro Kit springs), Strange 10-way adjustable shocks & struts, and UPR upper & lower control arms. This will radically improve the handling on your car Vaz88GT.

Also, if you don't already have them, you'll want to install full length subframe connectors.

Reactions: 2 users