best exhaust set-up!!!

rio95

Nov 18, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
lets hear everones exhaust set-up and votes for what would be an awesome set-up (headers to cat-back). i have a bbk o/r h with flowmaster force 2 cat-back. i am getting bbk longtubes and therefore need to get a new midpipe, but may change mufflers too.

?????????????????????????????????

i know everyone has their own opinions, but i'm just curious.

i like something that is fairly loud with a good sounding idle, but sounds awesome when cruising.

• Sponsors (?)

Just copied my reply from the other header thread going.

Well I've had every one you mentioned. So far the Long Tubes and Prochamber combo has been my favorite.

Here is a list of what I've owned:
Headers-BBK Unequals, MAC Equals and MAC Long Tubes.

Mid Pipes-BBK off road H-Pipe, MAC high flow catted H-Pipe, MAC off road H-pipe, Bassani off road X-Pipe and MAC Prochamber.

Cat Backs-Flowmaster Force II Kit (3 Chamber) and MAC Flowpath Kit.

yeah i may keep my 3 chambers and get bbk longtubes with a prochamber. a prochamber costs more than twice as much as a bbk o/r h pipe, so i don't want to get it unless i am sure it will sound better. how would you compare a prochamber to a o/r h pipe?? (idle, cruising, WOT)?????????????

p.s. money is not an issue, i want the best sounding exhaust period.

i am also considering getting longtubes, prochamber and borla xr1's.

Well.. mine isn't done yet... but I've heard a similar combo, and it sounded sick...

MAC Ceramic LT's + Dr. Gas Xpipe (offroad) + Bassani Mufflers = Sick... Not the same old combo you hear everyday... Plus the Dr. Gas gives it that exotic car sound...

I think the prochamber adds a nice sound and also more power. Right now I'm running stock headers, O/R h-pipe, and 2-chamber flows, the same sound you hear on almost every mustang.

When I go away to school next year the stang will be staying home, so I can probably keep it under 5,000 miles a year, which is the limit by my state for emissions.
My new exhaust setup will be Mac LT's, Mac Prochamber, and Spintech mufflers. That should be pretty mean sounding and absolutely roar at WOT. I'm still looking around for somebody who has that setup.

I have BBK LTs, a Dr. Gas offroad X, and a Dynomax Ultraflow Stainless catback. I like it. Pretty quiet when cruising, but when I get on it, I can be heard blocks away :nice: . It just screams above 4k rpm. The other day I did a burnout in a mall parking garage, and it was so loud it actually hurt my ear next to the window a bit. After that I was just :hail2: .

I like it also because it makes mine sound different that every other Mustang in my town (and theres quite a few now, when I first got mine, there weren't many at all :mad: ). I wish I had a digital video camera to make a video of it.

95tealGT...Thats the exhaust i run...Only i have the Sportsmans, the Pro-Streets are the louder of the 2....mines got a nice "crisp/ballsy" sound to it...It by no means screams at WOT....which is what i didn't want...I don't need the publicity... :D

Jadefalcon??? on the 5.0 tech side has the set-up you thinking of...He has sound to...Its sick sounding for sure... :nice: Drop him a PM...You'll like it..

hey killer95stang,

how loud would you say that that set-up is. also, are you talking about the quiet thunder mufflers?? this would be a rare set-up, but i haven't heard it.

p.s. i alomost bought some prostreets, but decided to wait until i am 100 percent sure, so i didn't buy them. a prochamber and prostreets are still being considered though.

Rio95, I'll know next week.. since I'm having the Xpipe welded up, and the mufflers installed (in place of the 3chamber flows)... I haven't been able to start it, because I do not have a radiator on the car... I get that on Monday...

Also.. the Bassani's I'm getting are the BX Series.. which are identical to the Quiet thunders, but made from Aluminized steel, with Stainless internals...

I've had BBK L/T's/ Off road H with Borla's, Flowmasters and MAC Flowpath's. Out of the three the Borlas were the quietest. They rumbled softly @ idle and sounded a little muted @ wot. The Flow's...well everyone and their mom has these and knows what they sound like. Rumbly @ idle and deep @ wot. The MAC's...well all I can say is I'm saving up to get these again. Those things were liveable @ idle and sounded absolutely SICK @ wot. Noone in town had these when I got them, so the sound was unlike anything. Exhaust choice is waay too subjective to appeal to everyone. Try mustangexhaust.com, maybe there's one on there you'll like.

Bling said:
I've had BBK L/T's/ Off road H with Borla's, Flowmasters and MAC Flowpath's. Out of the three the Borlas were the quietest. They rumbled softly @ idle and sounded a little muted @ wot. The Flow's...well everyone and their mom has these and knows what they sound like. Rumbly @ idle and deep @ wot. The MAC's...well all I can say is I'm saving up to get these again. Those things were liveable @ idle and sounded absolutely SICK @ wot. Noone in town had these when I got them, so the sound was unlike anything. Exhaust choice is waay too subjective to appeal to everyone. Try mustangexhaust.com, maybe there's one on there you'll like.

Stop talking about the mac cat-back like that!!!! your getting me excited!!!!!! lol :D

I have a mac catback coming in soon and cant wait to put it on. :banana:

WhiteDevil,

What are you missing from your sig?... like heads?... I'm not saying it can't happen, but I"ve never seen that much power, and those ET's come out of the parts in your sig...

For reference, my car made 180rwhp in bone stock trim...

Killer95Stang said:
WhiteDevil,

What are you missing from your sig?... like heads?... I'm not saying it can't happen, but I"ve never seen that much power, and those ET's come out of the parts in your sig...

For reference, my car made 180rwhp in bone stock trim...
Nope my car is stock E7TE headed and stock cammed. I runs strong pulls Good E.T.s. GTJake has about the same set up as me but pulls a little more MPH probably cause he has long tubes. My sig is definatly everything done to my car. Im gonna ditch the nittos for some BFG DRs and i think i can hit 13.5s.

WhiteDevil said:
Nope my car is stock E7TE headed and stock cammed. I runs strong pulls Good E.T.s. GTJake has about the same set up as me but pulls a little more MPH probably cause he has long tubes. My sig is definatly everything done to my car. Im gonna ditch the nittos for some BFG DRs and i think i can hit 13.5s.

Damm... you just made me hate my car even more....

Good work on those times...!!!