Best Headers?

Im shopping most likely for long tube headers....just seeing what everyone thought sounded the best and had any favorite brand they prefer......also do you have to get same brand H or X pipes to match the headers? It just seems like when i was looking at the BBK and MAC it said ONLY fits with those company's long tubes, is that true?

• Sponsors (?)

Kooks and SLP make the highest quality pieces I've yet to see. Hooker/flowtech make a good power producing header but they leak none other! BBK makes a good header, but you can't remove the transmission without pulling them. MAC makes a crappy header, fitment is off alot of the time, and they have had problems in the 4v community with slack from the welds being sucked into the exhaust ports and into the motor.

Does Stainless Works make any for our cars?

not that I have seen, just the 4v. Kooks are very good quality headers, but for the price I would do the BBK ceramic coated headers w/ the bbk shorty H pipe.

The only thing to look out for with the bbks is the passenger side motor mount. After the header is installed, attach the mount to check for primary to mount clearance. I found out after the fact that the header was hitting the mount and it put a nice dent in the header. I have heard of it happening to other people as well. Other than that, the bbks are a good header to look at.