Best midpipe for MagnaPacks?

Well I have everything I need to go weld my exhaust...but I got to thinking...why not get a midpipe if I can get one for cheap enough? I have about 200 bucks right now....I have no clue how much midpipes are. I don't want O/R. I want catted (especially with MagnaPacks!). So what exactly are the sound differences between X pipes and H pipes? I want an old school muscle sound..as close as possible. What is a good cheap midpipe to sound like that? Links? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Ima make a thread later today after shooting a video of my car after putting in O/R Mac H pipe, it's loud but IMO it sounds like ass. I didnt find out untill two days ago that H pipes and straight through mufflers like Magnapacks (i fabricated my side pipes w/ maganpacks) are NOT a good match for sound. My catted SLP X sounds great on my car, i just wanted something more burly - but this O/R H is just loud and kinda puffs exhaust out inseatd of flows it out if that makes sence. I'd go X for sure w/ magnapacks, but a catted one is only gunna cost $200 if it's used

well, i could get 2 high flow magnaflow cats and weld them in and make a custom X pipe. troy said about doing that. do you think I should do that?

Since it's illegal to "modify" cats then you might as well by an actual peformance mid pipe. Firstly, the stock mid is 2.25" instead of an aftermarket pipe which is 2.5" for better flow. Also you'd have to find high flow cats that have a 2.25" inlet/outlet which might be harder to get. Lastly if you look at high flow cats they are like $95 a piece. You might as well just buy a used one w/ like 1k miles on it that has all the manderel bent 2.5" piping and high flow cats on it.

I hav e never seen Catted m id pipe for 200bucks man.

I got my O/R BBK H for $140, and got 2 Magnaflow high flow cats for $30 each, and made my own.

Since i added cats to where there were no cats, that would not be "modifying" it right?