best off the shelf blower cam?

Bad92GT

The 5 Minute Plan Man
Jun 10, 2004
SC
its the 100 dollar question.. whats the best off the shelf blower cam? i'll see around 9 psi max on my turbo setup on a GT40 motor ported out with forged internals.. stock stroke and all though.. so whats the best cam off the shelf? hows the E cam for boost and is there better cam for the moola?

• Sponsors (?)

STANGateURlilSS said:
e-cam or b-cam with 1.7rs both r good blower cams
these cams are NOT for blower they have the centerlobe too close 109º and for blower or nitrous you need wider centerlobe like 114º and most of the good blower cams have more exhaust than intake i would recomend for you is comp cams 276H-R14 part# 35-312-8 that is a very good blower cam and it has very good iddle this cam is to be used with 1.6 rockers. dont get any ford cam they are suck

Bad92GT said:
its the 100 dollar question.. whats the best off the shelf blower cam? i'll see around 9 psi max on my turbo setup on a GT40 motor ported out with forged internals.. stock stroke and all though.. so whats the best cam off the shelf? hows the E cam for boost and is there better cam for the moola?

I thought turbo's and blowers are two different things???....also why did you consider the cam over the heads??? or didnt you??

irvgotti said:
I thought turbo's and blowers are two different things???....also why did you consider the cam over the heads??? or didnt you??

i did.. i just honestly dont have 1300 to blow on heads.. plus i only want around 400-450 hp.. which this is a fairly popular combo (so i've heard) and it makes around where i want to be.. i'll look up that comp cam here soon.. thanks everyone

I'm going with a TFS Stage 1 this time around, along with my 1.7 rockers. It works great with a blower from what I've heard, and it has a 112 LSA. Plus it's hard to beat the price at $159