Best Place to buy SCT Xcal 2

yody25

May 28, 2005
ok ... i had the sct 4 position chip, i mailed it off to get it reburned and the post office lost it :bang: so i need a new one and have decided to go with the sct x cal 2 ... i have tried to get a lil info b4 i order it from 3 different sites and i'm not getting any replies days later.:mad:

what is some of the places i can try to get it from.

thanx in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Call AmericanMuscle.com (formerly mustangtuning.com)
I don't have their number but you can get it from their site. I called them with questions prior to buying mine and they were very helpful and once I ordered it, it came pretty quickly.

I got mine directly from Steeda since they're local to me. Service was fine, but I'm not too impressed with the two "custom" tunes that they put on it. I had one 93 octane tune and one nitrous tune, and I actually dynoed more HP with the nitrous tune NOT spraying it than with the 93 octane tune. Of course, a real dyno tune would be best, but I now wonder about the ability of the "tuner" at Steeda.

csledd said:
I bought mine directly from my tuner.
DING! DING! DING! We have a WINNAR! If you plan on getting custom tunes emailed to you from a reputable dealer you should consider buying it from them too. Most of the good tuners will sell you the unit and even pre-load it with a custom tune based on your current mods.

U.M.

Gearbanger 101 said:
I'm thinking of buying mine from Don 95Vert at Lasota Racing . I'm looking to get a custom mail order tune in order to run my blower care safely until I'm able to get it to the dyno rollers. Might as well have it done by the buy who "Wrote the Book" (literally) on the SCT XCal 2. :nice:

:nice: Don is probably one of the smartest tuners out there, but doesn't get the recognition of some of the other three letter names that the nut huggers throw around here. :rolleyes:

Gearbanger 101 said:
I'm thinking of buying mine from Don 95Vert at Lasota Racing . I'm looking to get a custom mail order tune in order to run my blower car safely until I'm able to get it to the dyno rollers. Might as well have it done by the guy who "Wrote the Book" (literally) on the SCT XCal 2. :nice:
:nice:
thats a good suggestion...i hear good things about him. I should shoot him a PM and see what he can do for me.