best red for lx mustangs?

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
Just wondering what options i have for my lx. im looking to go a shade of red but not sure. ive seen a few really nice ones that were burgundy but i wanted to see what other options were out there. I'm a fan of a deep red, any

• Sponsors (?)

89 cabernet red:

DSC01786.jpg

with the vast abundance of photos and information on the internet, I still can't believe people ask "what color should I paint my car or what shade of a color. Look it up it is your car why paint it a color that someone else likes your the one who owns the car and drives the car and further more paying for the paint job. just my two cents:rolleyes:
find a color you like on any automobile look them up at autocolorlibrary.com

Im going with performance red from a 05 Corvette. Yeah its a GM color but who cares. It's hard to look at pics on a computer screen. Sometimes red will look awesome in the shad and orangish in the sunlight. or vise versa. It took me a while to settle on a color. Just pick a color and go with it.

Tricoats are the best. But would be afraid of touch up work. Heard it is very difficult to blend. And sometimes a full re-paint is nessacary incase of a accident. Or a crazy girlfriend with a key in her hand. Redfire is a tricoat. Just about any modern "sports car" is going to be a tricoat. But if you want to win best of paint shows go tricoat. Good luck. Tricoat is a transparnet color they spray over the base before they clear. Just like a candy.

But a good wetsand and buff is what separtes the men from boys for a eye ball popping paint job.