Best shops for Mustangs in KC

I would like a list of Known good shops that know mustangs in the greater Kc area. I will be looking to do some more mods to my car this next income tax time and need to know of some good reputable shops in the area.

I had a place called Yancy's put a set of heads and 4:10 gears in my car a couple of years ago and they did a bad job on the gears and think they may have stuck the wrong oil dipstick in my car. It has a yellow handle and after an oil change it reads way high after just 5 qts. Jerks!! :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

mustangibew said:
I would like a list of Known good shops that know mustangs in the greater Kc area. I will be looking to do some more mods to my car this next income tax time and need to know of some good reputable shops in the area.

I had a place called Yancy's put a set of heads and 4:10 gears in my car a couple of years ago and they did a bad job on the gears and think they may have stuck the wrong oil dipstick in my car. It has a yellow handle and after an oil change it reads way high after just 5 qts. Jerks!! :bang:

Im not really sure about shops, you might want to check out KC-mustangs.com some of the guys on there probly could point you in the right way.
As for the dip stick mine is the same way and its the factory one. Reads about 1/2 an inch over full with 5 and a 1/4 quarts in it. I think alot of 5.0s are that way.

I need the tranny tailshaft bushing replaced and a new rear main seal as it is leaking a little from the vibration from the bad bushing. I get vibration mostly felt in 5th gear around 2,000 rpm.
I also have some back firing issues when the car is started cold. It doesnt backfire at idle just when giving it gas when driving. Once the engine is warmed up a little it stops backfiring. I have new plugs and dist cap and rotor. The plug wires are good. I replaced the Coolant senser and adj the timing a bit higher and adj the fuel pressure and that seemed to help some. I retightened the intake and that helped a bit too. I recently added a bit more fuel pressure and that seemed to make it bit worse. Vacumn leak maybe? Sticking valve?
What ya think? :shrug: