Best Supercharger For the 5.0

• Sponsors (?)

The Vortech SC-Trim is pretty good. Took me from low 14s to high 12s just bolting it on with no other mods. It made 3-5 psi stock and now I see 9-11 psi (w/ PowerPipe + 7" crank pulley). Its a good first supercharger. Responds very well to other bolt-ons. If you want something more serious Id go with a Procharger D series or larger or a turbo kit.

IF I was going to put a supercharger on my car I would not get a paxton/vortech/whatever because they are centrifugal and rely on whacking the air around to make it move, so they are more of an intake obstruction at low RPM and then get better from there. Whereas a twin screw or even an old school roots style actually takes the air from point A and forces it to point B, regardless of engine speed. So a positive-displacement supercharger like that will make maximum boost at ALL engine speeds... including idle. MUCH more fun for street duty if you ask me! but limited potential for high RPM track use.

I see boost when I press the throttle at all RPMs because of the torque converter stall. I didnt think about manuals and regular autos not "spooling" the charger as well. Id go Vortech or Procharger. The SC-trim if you want to spend 1500$ or the intercooled Procharger D-1 or larger if youre looking to spend 3000$.

I have a vortech sc-trim on my car and very pleased with it. Can't beat it for the price. In stock trim so far I have seen 5psi with the sc-trim but recently found a 3/8 vacuum cap missing from under my upper intake so I am hoping it will make a little more with that leak fixed. The Novi 2k is nice also if you are looking for something more powerfull. My friend makes 22 psi with his Novi 2k and 700 rwhp.

Twin screws are crap. They are limited to the amount of boost they can make, are hell on clearances for everything. I know the snout doesnt clear a stock distributor. You cant intercool them, they generate far more heat, and they suck at high rpm. Centrifugal superchargers are more efficient, allow customizing of plumbing to suit all applications, easily doable with an intecooler, can clear everything, and generate more power anywhere you want depending on pulley.

mustangdaren said:
I have a vortech sc-trim on my car and very pleased with it. Can't beat it for the price. In stock trim so far I have seen 5psi with the sc-trim but recently found a 3/8 vacuum cap missing from under my upper intake so I am hoping it will make a little more with that leak fixed. The Novi 2k is nice also if you are looking for something more powerfull. My friend makes 22 psi with his Novi 2k and 700 rwhp.

get the 7" crank and with the stock blower pulley you will see 9-11 psi. im still running the 6-rib and havent seen any slippage yet. i want to make some videos but its raining :notnice:

AXIStang said:
get the 7" crank and with the stock blower pulley you will see 9-11 psi. im still running the 6-rib and havent seen any slippage yet. i want to make some videos but its raining :notnice:
Mine is making a consistent 10psi with the stock 6rib 3.33" blower pulley and a 7inch crank with the belt as tight as I normally have it on the street. I was standing in front of my car on the dyno and I could see the belt slipping. I am going to order a Gatorback belt this week and put a bigger filter on the car. I am hoping to gain another 2-3psi with that. My vote goes to the SC-Trim for best blower for the money, but there are better blowers out there. If you are looking for the best forced induction and money is no object forget about superchargers and buy a turbo kit.