Best supercharging heads....on stock pistons.

TrophyHead

15 Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
PA
What are good heads for superchargering? I know with the AFR 185's I need to notch the stock pistons. That's not going to happen cause I'm not touching the short block. Should I grab the AFR 165's? I heard they have thick decks which is good for boosted applications. But are they big enough? Any thing good about Brodix? Canfield? TW? for boost.

I'll be running around 9-10psi.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

Can you change the cam with the engine still in the car?

Any recommendions on head gaskets? Cometic or Fel-pro's?

Plan is KB 2.2L.

Already have GT-40 lower, A9L, 90mm LMAF and 42 lbs injecors. Not installed of course.

Need: 70mm T.B, 255 intake pump, Wideband, and the KB. :scratch:

Thought I would upgrade the heads and cam....just because. Will the 165's raise my compression ratio at all?

Thanks for the response.

yes u can change the cam with the motor still in..... canfield makes a really good product but the pocket book will pay...if i were you i would get the 185s and notch the pistons....you can notch the pistons with them still in the block

yes the 165s will raise your compression...the stock e7 is a 69cc head.....the afr is available in to two versions a 61cc and 58cc....stay away from the 58cc if you dont want higher compression but as you can see your going to see higher compression from either compared to a stock head

Cool

I'm going to go with the 165's. Anybody else feel these heads are the way to go. For a good head that requires no notching of the pistons. That notching tool kinda scares me.

To tell you the truth I dont care about HP numbers or 1/4 mile times. I just want to snap necks.:cheers: