best tire size for front

chefster

May 24, 2004
michigan
Ya i got 275s in the rear and am looking to replace the 275s in the front now . I do country roads and express way to work. The front 275s up are a blast on the on and off ramps but have alot of resistance .

• Sponsors (?)

I run a 275 in front on a 9in rim...I realy dont like it.

The roads around here SUCK (98th worst in the nation), the crown of the roads tends to pull the thing like mad, the tires are also just a tad too wide and come ever so slightly past the front fender. My align. is also fubar (crappy shop, and roads lead to it going out fast...I did find a good local special shop I will be going to for now on though)

I would love to find some 265's but will prob. go with a 255 when I get new fronts.

blksn955.o said:
I run a 275 in front on a 9in rim...I realy dont like it.

The roads around here SUCK (98th worst in the nation), the crown of the roads tends to pull the thing like mad, the tires are also just a tad too wide and come ever so slightly past the front fender. My align. is also fubar (crappy shop, and roads lead to it going out fast...I did find a good local special shop I will be going to for now on though)

I would love to find some 265's but will prob. go with a 255 when I get new fronts.
Your alignment is "fubar", but your problems are due to the width of the front tires? :lol:

I have 255/45 all around. Looks fine and fits on the wheel nicely. Believe me, I had my reservations going from 275/40 to these. Drives better and bottoms out less.:nice:

attachment.php

Attachments

• mybacktire.jpg
    mybacktire.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 141
Rootus said:
Your alignment is "fubar", but your problems are due to the width of the front tires? :lol:

Yes the width is part of the problem, The align. was crap with the 245 50 16 tires I had on the stock waffle stars. Around here if you can go 6mo without an align. your lucky.

That too wide of a tire is the #1 reason I want to go with a little bit less tire width. The specalty shop I was refuring to is the best in the area and has a special rack for lowerd' cars just to get up on. Anyway several people in the area have a sim. front tire setup and that shop has it spot on.