Best way to reduce body roll

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys. Ive just recently lowered my car, and I thought springs would make the car stiffer and such, but it feels like the same car just lower, so everytime I hit the brakes the car dives foward and rubs the tires, whenever I turn the wheel, the whole body feels like its gonna rollover, but my poor tires stop it. I put my swaybar back on but the damn endlinks I bought from autozone were too small, so one is on and the other popped off. But my question is, what are the best parts to reduce body roll? And how much of a difference will each part make?

subframes? springs/shocks? LCA's? etc.

mods if this isnt tech you can move it

• Sponsors (?)

Besides for just runs at the drag strip, you should keep your sway bar on and with the correct sized bushings on the end links. Otherwise, without a sway bar your car would be a real POS to drive, taking turns, corners, etc.

Yea I know most of the reason it rubs so bad is because the swaybar isnt really functioning right now. Im pissed at autozone I wasted 20 bucks on endlinks that were suposed to be for my car and they were too small. I havent changed the shocks or struts as far as i know their stock. But i guess what I really wanna know is what are somethings I can do to my car to actually make it handle nicely with not body roll, like panhard bar, etc. Im not looking to do a coilover.

I'm telling you, your ANTI-sway bar is going to help a TON once you get the right sized end links for it...I can't hardly even imagine a "good handling" car without one.

Other than that, I would work on the front of your car before your start worrying about panhard bars.

Get your sway bar back in order, weld in subframe connectors, a strut tower brace, a k-member brace, maybe some new lower control arms, and as long as your shocks and struts are in good shape, it will be like driving a completely different car.

What springs you put on are extremely important...also how far you dropped it. NEw struts/shocks are a must. Put that sway bar back on and get some weld in subframes...full length. You should feel a noticeable difference.

that's strange, I have hardly ANY body roll, I mean the car handles like crazy now. I didn't replace my struts or anything either just the Eibach Sportlines...

you don't have the sway bar, put it back on...

On the Fox bodies, they actually say the stock sway bars are too aggressive. That's why it's very hard to find aftermarket ones. Put the swaybar back on and it'll be awesome :nice:

True, that is why a very good upgrade in the GT cars is the 93 cobra front swaybar which is actually a bit softer.

Mob - you need to get your swaybars functioning properly before you do any other suspension parts. I would suggest you get yourself some polyurethane swaybar and endlink bushings for the front, as well as, the proper length endlinks. I assume the rear swaybar is hooked-up so the rear swaybar is one of the last items to replace. Grab yourself some urethane grease and lube up the new polyurethane busihings so they don't squeak. Also, when you did the springs did you do polyurethane isolators all around?

A PHB really only keeps your rear centered under your car around turns. Granted I love it but it will not have an effect on the "roll" of your car. If your car still has a good amount of roll around the turns with your Eibach springs and functioing swaybars then look to a stiffer shock/strut combo.

thanks, that helped alot. Im not really looking into getting a new swaybar, ill just get mine working. I reused my stock isolators. And new struts and shocks will probably be my next upgrade.