best way to unstick a stuck caliper?

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
just wanted your opinions on the best way to get my caliper unfroze. This happened to both the drivers and passenger side calipers on my jeep and both times all it took was a bleeding of the brakes and they unlocked themselves.. it was a winter beater and it sat a while just like my car has.. the calipers on that lasted about 7 months after that then i decided to replace calipers and rotors on it due to it now being the dd..

the car has been sitting since october and 2 days ago was the first time i had gotten to take it out and thats when i noticed the drivers side caliper was locked up...im going to bleed it either tomorrow or the next day but i wont get a chance to do a test drive due to it started snowing here again

any other options/suggestions you all could give me? I want to make sure i do this right.. and yes i know, i could just go and buy a cobra kit but as of right now my funds are limited because of buying lt's, prochamber, and mph mongoose kit...so please don't tell me to just buy a new brake kit... i have to wait a little bit to do so and until then i need my current set up to be useful... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)