Better than a raise...

blackened88lx

Aug 9, 2006
Connecticut
Well I finally got over to the other dealership to check out the drag bikes. Figured I'd update with a few pics if anyone's interested. It's not exactly my top choice of color, but it's fast so I don't care. I'm gonna see if he'll let me paint it black. I originally heard that the bike has a bottle, but it was some tool that saw the air shifter tank telling me that. I'm not sure of the exact mods yet, I'm going to call the guy that built it and find out everything. All I know as of right now is it's all motor with an air shifter, ext. swingarm, lowered in the rear, strapped frt suspension, DOT tire and no sissy bar. The dial in is in the 8.70s, but I'm not sure of how fast it has been.
View attachment 343635
View attachment 343637
View attachment 343638
HPIM0948.jpg

HPIM0951.jpg

And the Buell

HPIM0947.jpg

As some of you know, I work as a tech at a Harley-Davidson dealership. My boss (owner), along with a few people from both of his dealerships, do a little drag racing on motorcycles through the summer. He has a 9 sec. Harley V-Rod, a Buell that's in the process of being built which should be a 9 sec. bike too, and a stretched, lowered, 8 second Hayabusa. A local motorcycle performance shop owner traded the Busa in on a Harley last year, but no one from our shop has run it yet. My boss came up to me at the end of the day yesterday and asked me if I'd like to race the Busa for him next year. **** YEAH! was my answer haha. All I have to do is buy leathers and make it go down the track. It runs on a DOT tire with no wheelie bar, so it should be an interesting ride. I can't wait.

• Sponsors (?)

that bike must have a 10 out of 10 crap your pants rating. What do stock hayabusas run? Congrats and good luck.

Yeah, it's gonna be fast... A nicely setup stocker with strapped suspension, a pipe, and geared with a nasty rider will usually run high 9s.

was that "F*** YEAH!"" or "S*** YEAH!" ? :shrug:

:D Cool stuff dude.

Haha. F*** YEAH!

A friend of mine had a 250hp turboed 'busa verified by a local chopper shop dyno. It was pretty ridiculous. That kind of power on a street bike is nuts.

Yeah, the turbo ones are retarded. We have a few running around our area. The only one that I've talked to the guy claimed was 290rwhp. We've seen a couple at our hangout and at the track. Everyone thinks the 219mph Lambo video is insane, but there's a video on streetfire somewhere of a turbo Busa on the highway getting into the boost in 6th at 213mph and lofting the front tire for a little while. Absolutely nuts.

That's insanity, right there. I dunno, I'm kind of a weenie. I like to have something between my fragile human body and the concrete walls of the track if/when things get out of hand. :shrug:

Helmet for your dome piece and some leathers :D

Nice! Must say I'm not a fan of a 21" frt. wheel on the touring bikes, but a street glide is the only bagger I'd own. They're pretty badass. I'm only 20, and I used to think dressers were an old people thing, but riding a bike with a radio is the ****. They're also kinda fun to do wheelies on, draggin the pipes and throw them around in the corners draggin the floorboards :D

There is no need for a bike with THAT much power. I had an 03 Honda 600RR that would do 175 in a flash. That was only a 600 with more room to go. It made like 130 or so to the wheel. NO need for more. It would do anything I asked and RAIL through the curves.

I have to admit, I would personally be scared of that and I have ALOT of miles on crotch rockets.

I personally decided it wasn't worth dieing over a stupid stunt (or car that didn't see me) so I too will stick to 4 wheels for now on.

Cool bike, good luck!!

heheheh... have you ever ridden a bike before??? i'm guessing since you need leathers to ride this bike, not so much???i only kinda glanced over this thread, and didn't see anything saying you were a 2 wheeler.....? if not, HAVE FUN!!:nono: don't be the guinea pig on an unproven ride, especially if you aren't 100% comfortable with the situation. what's your bike experience? i love bikes, but i nearly died, watched 2 people die, want to try again, but i probably won't ever buy another one.

There is no need for a bike with THAT much power. I had an 03 Honda 600RR that would do 175 in a flash. That was only a 600 with more room to go. It made like 130 or so to the wheel. NO need for more. It would do anything I asked and RAIL through the curves.

I have to admit, I would personally be scared of that and I have ALOT of miles on crotch rockets.
Too much power is never enough.

heheheh... have you ever ridden a bike before??? i'm guessing since you need leathers to ride this bike, not so much???i only kinda glanced over this thread, and didn't see anything saying you were a 2 wheeler.....? if not, HAVE FUN!!:nono: don't be the guinea pig on an unproven ride, especially if you aren't 100% comfortable with the situation. what's your bike experience? i love bikes, but i nearly died, watched 2 people die, want to try again, but i probably won't ever buy another one.

I've been riding various things, quads, snowmobiles, dirt bikes since I was 3. I've worked at a Harley dealership for 4 years, and I ride bikes all day every day. My Buell is in my sig. I've just never NEEDED leathers before because I've never done any track riding. I've only done street and dirt riding. I ride a built CR500 right now, so I know a thing or two about excessive power. Try a 70hp 2 stroke and 220lbs!!! People told me that thing would kill me too, but the way I see it, if you've never tried it and don't know what it's like, there's nothing to be scared of. So I just hopped on and learned to deal with it and try and tame the beast. It's the most fun I've ever had, period, and I will never ride any other dirt bike. It's funny when you go to the track and can't even pay pro riders to take a lap on the thing too. It makes me feel a lot cooler than I am haha. The Busa will definitely be the fastest bike I've ever ridden. I will be sure to post some vids and pics of some 8 sec. passes when I get it to run that fast.