Big block swap

bagel77

Oct 4, 2003
Okay I hope I am in the right section. I have a 93 notch and I am thinking of putting in a 429 Big block. I have a few questions I am hoping to get answered. Can I still use the power brakes? power steering? Should i replace the K member? Motor plates vs motor mounts...and where can I get the motor plates? and any advice would be great. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Okay I hope I am in the right section. I have a 93 notch and I am thinking of putting in a 429 Big block. I have a few questions I am hoping to get answered. Can I still use the power brakes? power steering? Should i replace the K member? Motor plates vs motor mounts...and where can I get the motor plates? and any advice would be great. thanks

power brakes: yes, im using the stockers

power steering: yes, im using the stock pump and rack

K member: im using the stock 5.0 k-member

motor mounts: for cheap and effective/easy, use the FRPP swap mounts, oil pan and pickup, comes with dipstick too

Anymore questions lemme know....

I have a more recent pic than this but yes it can be done cheap and make a s**t load of power:

View attachment 368180

Wow I didn't know the power brake booster would clear my 91 notch (drag car only) has the manual brake conversion and I didn't the the valve cover would clear the brake booster. You don't have to run a motor plate or a aftermarket k member but I would recomend a k member. There isn't a bunch of room down there evan with a tubular k. I have seen some people run spacers in between the k member and frame to lower the k member. I don't know what this does to the suspension geometry but it allows the engine to sit lower in the car giving you more hood clearance.

big block header

Okay i was hoping to find some one that knows where I can get big block headers for this swap that will work with a stick...also looking for info on the bell housing for this swap thanks.