Big Brother Program!!

Pooley

Aug 19, 2007
New Orleans
Hello guy's I need lots of tech help and when I'm in the garage with a ratchet it kinda sucks to stop for the day and get the computer out put in a question and see if anyone wants to help (sometimes no one does) I have wasted lots of money on trial and error and I'm well discouraged at this point and I don't have a lot of money thats why it hurts. :shrug:

Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

Location?

What do you need to know?

There are alot of people on here with the know how, you just need to ask the right questions. Trial and error is what hot rodding is all about, thats how we learn.

When your discouraged remember Thomas Edison: "I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."

He's 100% correct. When I was younger, I was always working under less than ideal circumstances. No money, no tools, no knowledge. Usually (ok, always) my project was also my only car, so it always needed to be running to get me to school and/or work. At the time, it seemed like I was always fighting a losing battle. I learned EVERYTHING the hard way, but as I learned later, the lessons you learn the hard way stick with you the longest. Having said that, if you're anywhere near me, I'd be happy to help. If not, I'd be happy to answer any questions through this forum, if I know the answer that is.
Here's a tip that works for me: lets say you have a problem with your car. Always ask here first, BEFORE you spend money. Nothing's worse than to spend $300 of borrowed money on a new carb, only to find out a loose plug wire was the problem. Don't ask me how I know this. The thing is we have ALL been in your shoes before and we ALL know what you're going through. Before you start a project or repair, try to ask first and get some advice form someone here, it may save afew headaches later on.

x2 on the ask first!
Runs along the line 'it's cheaper to fix it right the first time'
Especially when funds are tight.
location? Help might be closer than you think.
Don't get frustrated, these cars are very simple to maintain, once you got it all squared away.

I'd be willing to help if you're in my area... I've been where you are before and if you ask for help you'll probably find someone to help you out.
You can know all the theory behind how something works, but if you've never had it apart and back together it can be a little intimidating the first time.

Sorry

I'm in New Orleans. I wish my mistakes were in the 300.00 range I really don't want to tell just how much it is, from choosing the wrong shop to work on the car to changing my intake because it would not work with a shaker(RPM air gap Endurashine $$$) I wish I would have asked here and not the shop where my car goes I really don't have many choices here New Orleans. I really would like to be able to call someone for advise I will not be a bother.

i wouldn't pay the extra cost for ENDURASHINE... EDELBROCK had the black NASCAR Air Gap and i was tempted. i just got the plain cast aluminum one.

NO CRAP!!!!

since money is tight....and i DO know where your coming form, its called a 11K car loan and going through college....don't worry about looks!!!! simply focus on functionality! that endurashine was about a $300 mistake on its own im guessing? besides......when your going fast....nobody can tell how shiny your intake is, nor will they care when you beat the snot out of em. :nice: