Biggest injectors you can run on stock ecu?

Interesting. Once again,the OP on this post is gone....never to be heard from again. As far as TheLeech, I've seen your tuning videos on Youtube. I understand you were "called out" on here,but your replies could've been less pompous. All you had to do was explain your background and maybe throw up a video or two.Of course these long term members are gonna give you some grief.
I know man. It's just frustrating. I'm not one to go out and start public battles, but every once in awhile we all have lapses in judgement. I made my point, and I'll drop it. Hope the OP at least got a few options out of this discussion.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Harmonics split the block, the casting is thin in the webbing above the crank up to the cam. With an imbalance on the crank being slung around the forces are immense at 6k rpm, add to this the increased cylinder pressures ect and the main caps begin to "walk" this slight twisting action accompanied by the harmonics are what fatigue the block material and eventually cause a failure.
beyond that no matter how well the engine is built, designed or what parts used detonation will wipe it out quickly. once the wall of fuel is consumed in the chamber parts go by by...

as for our new friend, @TheLeech405 I would love to discuss some of the techniques you use to increase longevity. I have been successful myself in making big power but I do not post about it. I let my customers do that for me. I have found any knock sensor completely blind at WOT conditions on a modified engine with any significant internals or mechanical cam. Unless there is some holy grail system you prefer to use, some are significantly better than others.
As for ignoring everyone but yourself, thank goodness you graced us with your presence. ;)

Its not a stock bottom end, but a stock block... our nitrous car does 5.XX at 120 in the 1/8th so yes it is very possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Harmonics split the block, the casting is thin in the webbing above the crank up to the cam. With an imbalance on the crank being slung around the forces are immense at 6k rpm, add to this the increased cylinder pressures ect and the main caps begin to "walk" this slight twisting action accompanied by the harmonics are what fatigue the block material and eventually cause a failure.
beyond that no matter how well the engine is built, designed or what parts used detonation will wipe it out quickly. once the wall of fuel is consumed in the chamber parts go by by...

as for our new friend, @TheLeech405 I would love to discuss some of the techniques you use to increase longevity. I have been successful myself in making big power but I do not post about it. I let my customers do that for me. I have found any knock sensor completely blind at WOT conditions on a modified engine with any significant internals or mechanical cam. Unless there is some holy grail system you prefer to use, some are significantly better than others.
As for ignoring everyone but yourself, thank goodness you graced us with your presence. ;)

Its not a stock bottom end, but a stock block... our nitrous car does 5.XX at 120 in the 1/8th so yes it is very possible.
Yes, there are a number of car in the 5's on stock computer. Ben Head has done some crazy stuff with CBAZA on his personal car. There's really no magic bullet here. It comes down to keeping the RPMs low, good balance on the engine, and paying attention to the plugs and fuel... not getting greedy, and taking the time to make sure the fine details are not overlooked. Keep back pressure from getting out of hand, keep the timing low, watch the commanded fuel in relation to before, during, and after peak torque. There's only so far you can push a stock block.

On another note, I was out at the stock block 405 races yesterday. Got to watch some bad, bad cars throw it down. Pretty confident Mark Miller is going to run a low 4.9x this year with better air with a stock block 8.2 deck setup in his Fairmont. He ripped off a 5.09 at I believe 141 right off the trailer and this was the worst air I've ever experienced at the local track. Humid as all hell and hot. DA was around 4400, even though our track elevation is around 1000. I suspect in the final races of the year, his car is gonna fly...