Biggest tire to fit on stock rims

SWYZ721

Aug 24, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Ok so basically I have stock pony's and I will not have enough money to buy rims and tires (was going to buy a 10.5'' rim with 315s, love the look) instead I will just get a nice set of sticky tires. I read a post somewhere with a yellow mustang putting M&H Racemasters Radial 305's on his stock pony's this what i would like as I want the widest tire possible. I am not worried about the reduced handling that will come with the oversized tire on the rim, just want the traction and the look, one of my co-workers is talking **** about him beating me in his little Integra, he's even got the other morons at work believing him, so we're going to go to the track and I know I'll beat him even with plastic wheels, but I want to DESTROY him for talking so much ****. So what is the biggest I can go, also what width are my rims, 8''?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

255/50/16 BFG Comp TA dr's. I wouldnt go any wider, cuz these are REALLY buldging. They hook great when warm tho, but feel a little "flexy", even at 35psi.

IMG_1239.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1239.JPG
    IMG_1239.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 393
JTKZ13 how do you like those tires, how many miles have you gotten out of them so far? Thanks for the pic.

Is there any danger to going wider??? I saw a 94-94 with 305 on stock pony 16x7.5'', I already have 245 so I'm kinda looking for a bigger jump.