BILLET ALUMINUM vs STEEL (pullies)

• Sponsors (?)

Aluminum is lighter for one, strength for those is not really an issue but in general I would think aluminum would be better for the look and weight issues alone, besides that.......beats me.

maverick0716 said:
The weight would be a non factor

Yeah I figured the weight would not be an issue as to the engine spinning them.....it is not that big a difference and considering the function......no, but aluminum is lighter as compared to the steel ones.....not that it makes any power difference but the fact remains the same. Maybe how I said it makes you think I meant that but I just meant there is a weight difference, not that it is a factor in anything.

BTW Maverick.....do not take this wrong but with all the mods on your car should the 1/4&1/8 mile times be a little quicker? It makes one think that stock, the 85's must be slow. I would think it should have better times than that. No? Again just wondering not to be an ***hole just curious.

Yeah, they could be better i guess......but since i'm spinning all of first I don't think they're that bad. Based on the mph its not that bad. Oh, and 87-93 stangs ARE faster out of the box than our 85's.....its no secret. Remember I'm still running stock heads and camshaft (the two most important things)

BTW: The magazines got 15.5-15.9 at about 89-90 mph out of them. How fast do you think I should be running? I don't have any "major" mods in my opinion, but based on my mph and vehicle weight I'm running about 230-235 rwhp......which isn't too bad :shrug:

SmockDoiley said:
Well that could very well be because he is in Canada. MY old combo in my 85 was Demon 625, RPM intake, roller rockers, Ecam, headers, H-pipe and dumps, and the car ran 13.8s.

I don't think being in Canada has anything to do with it but, it looks like your times are right around where they should be as well. By the calculations, if I were to actually get a decent launch I would be running around a 13.9......and it's basically your combo minus the e-cam, and roller rockers