Billet Fuel Door for 2010??

Bobafett123

Aug 30, 2006
Cleveland Ohio
I was wondering if anyone has found a billet fuel door for the 2010 Mustang yet . The only ones that I can find are for 2005-2009 and if I am correct the door was changes for the '10 model ?? If you have found one where did you get it ??

Anyone else??

Guess we are the only two people looking for one of these? Or we are the only two who bought a 2010 GT instead of waiting for the 5.0 2011. Would love to have a billet fuel door though and yes it is changed. 09 and back has a gas cap. New for 2010 is the whole capless thing that I'm not sure I like.

Yep i think we are the only ones looking for this item. I have gone on every part site that I can find and NO ONe sells one . I even thought that Ford would have it but they don't . Well now that the '11 is out maybe the aftermarket companies will put one out !!

I'm mostly interested in finding some kind of a lock mechanism to keep "curious" folks out of my gas!

I see that Ford offers a locking "Fuel Plug" for the filler neck.

Has anyone bought/used one of these?

I'd also like a billet door. I think part of the issue is that it is a new body style, and we're less than a year into them being on the road. Additionally, the magnetic/ push to open mechanism might not be as easy to translate to a billet part.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND !!

I finally found one made for 2010-2011 Mustangs !! It is made by Silverhorse Racing and you can Get either a Satin or Polished Chrome finish !
It even has the Bend in it for the body lines. I would post a link but I dont want to get in trouble so head over to their website on your own!

Silverhorse Racing makes high quality parts. I am waiting on them to make a lower grill insert as they did for earlier models. I was told it is in the works but other products are ahead of it.
That's the only part I really want. I guess I will just have to wait.