Bilstein Shocks - Where to Buy?

highvolts

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 1, 2003
Ohio
Hey Everyone, I'm thinking about buying some new Shocks & Struts along with my new H&R Super Sports.. Where can I buy Bilstein? Where has everyone else purchased these?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

silver4.6 said:
I bought mine about a year ago from Bimmerparts.com. I don't know
if they still have the lowest prices or not, but they were the cheapest when
I bought my Bilsteins.
Yeah, me too. I paid $450 about 18 months ago, but I hear that price is long ago and far away. You may want to see if you can get a good deal on OEM 2003 Cobra struts which are made by Bilstein (don't buy the Cobra shocks, though, 'cos our cars don't have IRS). Also, the eBay suggestion is a good one. I recently changed out my Bilsteins for Tokico 5-ways and paid $450 (new, shipping included, & no sales tax) off of eBay. If you can't find a similar price for Bilstein, you may want to consider Tokico 5-ways ... a real nice product.

Good luck ... :nice:

01GT eibach said:
Yeah, me too. I paid $450 about 18 months ago, but I hear that price is long ago and far away. You may want to see if you can get a good deal on OEM 2003 Cobra struts which are made by Bilstein (don't buy the Cobra shocks, though, 'cos our cars don't have IRS). Also, the eBay suggestion is a good one. I recently changed out my Bilsteins for Tokico 5-ways and paid $450 (new, shipping included, & no sales tax) off of eBay. If you can't find a similar price for Bilstein, you may want to consider Tokico 5-ways ... a real nice product.

Whats better? BilStein or Tokico?

highvolts said:
Whats better? Bilstein or Tokico?
Probably the Bilsteins. But the Tokicos are a VERY good product. The only reason I switched them out was that I could switch to a softer setting than the Bilsteins. My car is "unofficially" the wife's car, so I gotta keep it pretty drivable. The Bilsteins are nice, but a bit firm. If it was strictly my car, I would've left them in there.

01GT eibach said:

how do you like the tokico 5-ways against bilsteins in back? What setting do you use? one take speed bumps nicer than the other? and handling wise what did you notice.. thanks

-wade (considering bilsteins out back)

got mine on ebay. $480 to my door. guys id was techdeals or somthing like that. just do a search for "bilstein mustang". best deal I found. bimmer parts raised thier prices not to long ago.

it was only $30 more for the bilstiens than the tokico. now you can get koni adj's off ebay for about $550.