• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Black Or Red Hood Scoop?

  • Thread starter Thread starter earleys94gt
  • Start date Start date Sep 24, 2012

earleys94gt

Active Member
Aug 31, 2003
1,223
16
49
Ashley, Ohio
Sep 24, 2012
#1
  • Sep 24, 2012
  • #1
I have a 2012 V6 Performance Package in Red Candy Metallic, and I am thinking about ordering a Ford OEM hood scoop. Since it's a Performance Package, the wheels and mirror covers are gloss black. I also have an OEM set of quarter louvers in gloss black. I can't decide on a gloss black or red candy hood scoop. Any thoughts? Photoshop?? Thanks!
 

Svtpilot

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2002
944
59
59
Long Island, NY
Sep 24, 2012
#2
  • Sep 24, 2012
  • #2
Personally, I would skip the scoop and put the money toward a CAI and tune. I
 

Tron84

Member
Jan 8, 2012
30
1
8
Sep 24, 2012
#3
  • Sep 24, 2012
  • #3
Personally I'm against the stick on type hood or side scoops, but since you already have other black accents on your car i think the black hood scoop would look ok

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 

OracleHCR

Active Member
Mar 19, 2012
152
23
39
Crestview, Fl
Sep 24, 2012
#4
  • Sep 24, 2012
  • #4
I don't think I'd go with the black scoop. I think it would be a bit much and stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe a red scoop and black hood spears?
 

StreetsideStig

Active Member
Feb 22, 2011
1,012
48
48
Sep 25, 2012
#5
  • Sep 25, 2012
  • #5
I'm with these guys. Unless it's feeding something, you don't need it.

But black would be cool.
 

LAVAgt2012

Well-Known Member
Aug 11, 2011
1,098
28
58
Panama City, FL
Sep 27, 2012
#6
  • Sep 27, 2012
  • #6
I think it would look good whichever way you chose to do it. Even if you went with the black hood, I prob would avoid doing the louvers in black
 

BackInBlack

5 Year Member
Oct 9, 2011
433
26
49
Southern California
Oct 9, 2012
#7
  • Oct 9, 2012
  • #7
Ya I would skip the scoop and go with a tuner and cai...cus the scoop doesnt do anyhitng
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
245
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
360
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
C
SOLD S550 Ford Performance Part # M-8291-FP / 2015-17 Radiator Cover
  • Cobra Jet NJ
  • Mar 3, 2024
  • Interior Exterior Parts
Replies
1
Views
1K
Interior Exterior Parts Sep 30, 2024
Cobra Jet NJ
C
SOLD SOLD!!!! 1993 Notchback Roadracer For Sale. She's a beast!
  • Boydster
  • Apr 25, 2025
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
0
Views
1K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Apr 25, 2025
Boydster
For Sale 3-owner 1987 Mustang GT, $18K obro, Lancaster CA
  • Bill Cool
  • Oct 6, 2024
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
4
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Oct 13, 2024
nickyb
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?