• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Blackout Or Chrome Emblems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MCF84
  • Start date Start date May 5, 2016

MCF84

Member
Oct 6, 2015
20
6
13
Sacramento, CA
May 5, 2016
#1
  • May 5, 2016
  • #1
So I've been torn for a while as far as replacing the chrome emblems with the black emblems. I love the black emblems on certain color Mustangs with certain wheels. I just installed the Borla S-Type catback exhaust with black tips. Where I'm torn is that with the magnetic gray paint I think the black emblems would look good, but I'm not sure sure the black emblems would look good with the 20" wheels that aren't black, it wouldn't be the complete black look. Here's a side view of my Mustang, any and all input on if I should leave the chrome or replace with the black emblems would be appreciated. Also I'd love to see if anyone has done this yet (photos welcome also).
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,148
  • image.webp
    96.3 KB · Views: 730
W

welchy0101

Member
Mar 24, 2016
9
1
13
May 5, 2016
#2
  • May 5, 2016
  • #2
With those rims I like the chrome emblems. I have a Guard metallic performance package GT (comes with black rims) so I went with the blacked out look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
 
Reactions: MCF84

BackInBlack

5 Year Member
Oct 9, 2011
433
26
49
Southern California
May 18, 2016
#3
  • May 18, 2016
  • #3
how about neither. do something totally different.
 

15GTrob

5 Year Member
Aug 23, 2015
450
126
83
May 18, 2016
#4
  • May 18, 2016
  • #4
I would black them out. It will contrast nicely with your color of paint.
 

Mike02z

New Member
May 31, 2016
6
1
1
Lake Ariel/Holland PA
May 31, 2016
#5
  • May 31, 2016
  • #5
Black out is my vote but I'm biased[emoji6]



Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
 
Reactions: Final_Instrument
S

Sam Harmon

Member
Apr 28, 2016
11
3
13
Port Hueneme
Jun 1, 2016
#6
  • Jun 1, 2016
  • #6
welchy0101 said:
With those rims I like the chrome emblems. I have a Guard metallic performance package GT (comes with black rims) so I went with the blacked out look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Click to expand...

Welchy,

Can you post a picture of your car? My car is being built now, and I am dying to see what it will look like. I ordered a base 2016 GT in Guard Metallic, with the performance package and Recaros.
 

Ez_Alex

Member
Dec 16, 2016
8
1
13
Dec 17, 2016
#7
  • Dec 17, 2016
  • #7
black out looks much better in my opinion. love that blacked out look
 
L

lowround64

Member
Dec 27, 2016
9
2
13
Dec 30, 2016
#8
  • Dec 30, 2016
  • #8
I masked off the emblems and painted mine black. Love the look.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Front bumper repair - part identification
  • Smurf20
  • Oct 24, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
2
Views
385
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Nov 3, 2025
RobertWill31
R
T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
160
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Salvage/rebuilt title question
  • djj62478
  • Friday at 1:30 PM
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
87
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Friday at 2:41 PM
DadLife0724
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
103
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?