Blingy Coil Cover

18mustangs said:
Very nice! Where did you get the coil cover, and is that radiator hose one of the Earl's Performance Plumbing sets?
Tim
That is a generic 24" SS hose from Ebay...I may ditch it and put the Chrome MAC one back on there...I only took off because it did not butt right up agains the Rad. I will just put it back and use a stock segment of hose to attach it.

The coil cover can be had from Crane...I just took the sticker off

RC

• Sponsors (?)

94GTLaserRC said:
That is a generic 24" SS hose from Ebay...I may ditch it and put the Chrome MAC one back on there...I only took off because it did not butt right up agains the Rad. I will just put it back and use a stock segment of hose to attach it.

The coil cover can be had from Crane...I just took the sticker off

RC

:nice: Thanks!

94GTLaserRC said:
You have to cut off the area above the LOWEST 4 holes (there are 2 sets of 4 holes). :bang: I should have taken a pic of where I cut it :damnit:

Youll see what I mean when you look at it again.

RC

Same here...me of all people without a pic.... :nonono:

Get whatever one is cheaper...Crane or FRPP...they're both made by Crane anyway...I believe they are the OEM supplier for our ignition/valvetrain systems...

RIO5.0 said:
Same here...me of all people without a pic.... :nonono:

Get whatever one is cheaper...Crane or FRPP...they're both made by Crane anyway...I believe they are the OEM supplier for our ignition/valvetrain systems...
If you look at Stang22's pic above, and my pic, you can kinda gauge where the cut-off spot would be.

RC

RIO5.0 said:
Mine has the Ford Racing logo on it...I got a woody for the FRPP stuff... :D
The pony logo works....Just something to make it stand out..

march__installed_1.jpg

Andy, where do you get your Ford Racing decals if you put them on the coil cover? I know the SVO coil looks a lot like the one you have because of the cover.
Tim

BlueOvalStangGT said:
So the part that is used to mount the cover to the coil is whats used to mount the cover to the backet? Do you need longer screws?

NOPE...After cutting the cover, I just set the cover over the coil which was "placed" on the bracket....the holes lined up, and I tightened them down...perfect fit. :nice:
RC