BLOW THROUGH AND MINI RACE

do you guys know if a meter will wear out faster in a blow through application as apposed to a draw through? just wondering. i think im going to try blow through and see how we do. oh, and it was not the pmas meter, but it is supposed to be made by them or something. i think it begins with a "B" i forget and it comes calibrated for 60# injectors already or something like that. i have to see if i can find out more.

anyway thanks guys. cars in the shop today to start the build!:nice: finally!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

btw, i believe its the meter made by anderson motorsports. ill let you know how it works. it seems like the pmas is the popular blow through......but i guess ill be trying out this anderson one. we will see.

Dont use the sct for blow thru or you will have to buy a maf ex. I maxed out my ba2400 at a measly 380hp @ 5700 rpm, and all sct said is to step up to a 2600. Blow thru is supposed to have better drivabilitly because it meters only the air going into the engine, not whats going out the bypass too. But i know there are people who like suck thru.

Your setup was wrong. If im not mistaken you have a procharger setup, their charge pipe is too small and leads to premature MAF pegging.

I personally made 550RWHP on an SCT BA2400 in a blow through configuration on my old GT. BA 2400 works great blow through, you just have to buy the O ringed flange for it so it doesnt leak :)

Mine also vented to outside air....but make SURE the BOV is a good 10-12 inches BEFORE the MAF. I had a Tail 50MM and LOVED it....not sure how it would work on a supercharged setup though...worked great for turbos.

do you guys know if a meter will wear out faster in a blow through application as apposed to a draw through? just wondering. i think im going to try blow through and see how we do. oh, and it was not the pmas meter, but it is supposed to be made by them or something. i think it begins with a "B" i forget and it comes calibrated for 60# injectors already or something like that. i have to see if i can find out more.

anyway thanks guys. cars in the shop today to start the build!:nice: finally!!!!

That part worries me. Our MAFs should NEVER be calibrated for X injector....they should be designed for maximum flow reading. Injector sizes are placed into the tune.

True, calibrated for injectors mafs lie to the computer and tell it there is less air coming in the engine then what is actually going in so the computer makes the pulse width shorter. Thats how they get them to work for bigger injectors on stock tunes. Using one of those will limit your power output. If a 60# injector is running at 95% duty cycle with a correct maf and tune it will make close to 100hp more then have it set up that the injectors are running at 80% duty cycle and max maf reading.

Your setup was wrong. If im not mistaken you have a procharger setup, their charge pipe is too small and leads to premature MAF pegging.

I personally made 550RWHP on an SCT BA2400 in a blow through configuration on my old GT. BA 2400 works great blow through, you just have to buy the O ringed flange for it so it doesnt leak :)

Mine also vented to outside air....but make SURE the BOV is a good 10-12 inches BEFORE the MAF. I had a Tail 50MM and LOVED it....not sure how it would work on a supercharged setup though...worked great for turbos.

I have the o ringed flange for it but it has 3 inch pipe on both sides of it with silicone reducer couplings and with the procharger placement there is a 90 bend like 8 inches in front of it. :notnice: Re clocking it in the tube helped a little bit but not enough. Im waiting to hear something about the abaco digital mafs or maybe go with a pmas cyclone.

that abaco is the one my builder is going to try i believe.

i will let you know how it works out.

not sure i understand how it could limit my power output though. i dont want a power limitation.:shrug:

I have the o ringed flange for it but it has 3 inch pipe on both sides of it with silicone reducer couplings and with the procharger placement there is a 90 bend like 8 inches in front of it. :notnice: Re clocking it in the tube helped a little bit but not enough. Im waiting to hear something about the abaco digital mafs or maybe go with a pmas cyclone.

Well 3 inch isnt too bad, but yea that bend could cause havok. I have noticed that procharger apps seem to really peg the MAF in a hurry...their charge pipes always looked to be a bit small too. Hmm :shrug: