Blower Guys Come In (Weird Noise)

04YELLOWGT

Jun 29, 2005
Indiana
I recently sent my SQ-Trim in to have it upgraded it to a T-Trim and I just installed it. The thing is now when Im driving at around 2krpms a fluttering noise occours sounds like a boost leak. I cant figure out where its coming from though, I checked for leaks and there is no leaks. Im woundering if it may be coming from my bypass valve. Does this sound right. I've heard of bypass valves making noise but never did untill the blower install. I have a mini-race now could it be maxed out?

I had a SQ-Trim w/ 2.75 pulley and Paxton A/A IC now I have the T-Trim with 2.75 pulley with same IC.

The car drives fine under normal driving, it just makes a weird noise. I cant tell you if its affected at WOT since Im not tuned for the blower yet. Im heading to Pauls High Performance for a tune and wanted to try fixing it before I go there, if not I'll just have him look at it.

• Sponsors (?)

^You need a tune? Shouldnt need one of the MAF transfer function is setup properly. Id just put it on the dyno and have the watch the A/F.

On my GT, I ran the same tune @ 7.5PSI as I did for 12PSI. I actually tuned it at around 8PSI. A/F always stayed the same. Tunes just dont magically get off if the tune is setup correctly from the get go. :) Granted you didnt relocate your MAF or twist it in any way.
Just an FYI for you.

Sorry cant help you for SURE on the fluttering issue, besides the fact that it most likely is your BPV/BOV. Being belt driven with that small of a pulley, the impeller is moving pretty darn fast....I would venture to say that your valve is now fluttering as air escapes. A stronger spring may fix your issue. You could always plug the vac signal and see what happens.

Well I figured going from a SQ-Trim to a T-Trim would thow my A/F off quite a bit. I have a small cold start issue anyways that I want to get taken care of so if anything that will get fixed.

I need to get a WideBand A/F gauge so I can start playing aroud with my tune.