Blue Oval Industries can FTL

94GTHO

Jul 21, 2005
Richmond, Va
Blue Oval Industries FTL

Last summer I bought the Cobra Fog Light Assembly for $75. Also got the smoked lenses for a additional $75. The other night one of the bulbs went out. So I tried to get it out and no luck so I took out the whole housing. Found this.
DSC00454.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

It is like this on both lights. I cant unscrew the bulbs without causing further damage. These are the bulbs they gave me to put in these. I called them and they said Well we dont warranty that stuff. I said So your telling me I spend 150ish on lights and you gave me bulbs to put in your lights and it melted them and you cant do anything. "Nope"
What would you do?

• Sponsors (?)

sorry for the crap pics. camera isnt good on close up. They are a standard 893 bulb that they sent me with the package i bought. THe bulb melted the part it screws into causing it to lean over and melt some of the chrome backing inside the housing

try seeing if you can salvage the housing. if all thats really damaged is that little bit of chrome i wouldnt worry about it. noone will be able to notice it (except you)

if the threads were melted beyond the point of you being able to use any other bulb, i am sorry :(

Yea the housing is melted to where you cant use another bulb in it and they would be really slanted if i did. I have stock lights i can use but I am just pissed to spend 150 and end with melted plastic:(

I'm going through the same thing right now, apparently it is a problem with them. I got all excited about my new stuff only to have a lens afll off the fog light. They said they would replace it, but will not tell me what I need to do to make it happen.

I just emailed them explaining what happened. I bought through ebay, haven't yet left feedback. They have been good, replay within an hour to 10+ messages, very consistant. However, he said they would replace it. I replied asking what I had to do to get the replacement and haven't heard back yet, and that was 4 hours ago. I am just hoping ebay feedback might help encourage them to help me out, although it looks like I may be SOL.

i bought a set of headlights a year ago, and i was pretty happy. Then i noticed that the bulbs that came with it lit up a whopping 8 feet in front of me lol (i ripped em out and got some sylvania ultras). Their headlights also started to shed their clear coat within a year :scratch:

so, in conclusion, Blue Oval Industries is good for cheap buys, but you get what you pay for unfortunately :(

i bought a set of headlights a year ago, and i was pretty happy. Then i noticed that the bulbs that came with it lit up a whopping 8 feet in front of me lol (i ripped em out and got some sylvania ultras). Their headlights also started to shed their clear coat within a year :scratch:

so, in conclusion, Blue Oval Industries is good for cheap buys, but you get what you pay for unfortunately :(
I believe my lamps are based/are off the BOI lamps - and i never had a problem with its materials or anything.

Well I got on the phone with their manager and finally got him to tell me to send him the lights the way they were along with my invoice number and stuff. He said if all goes well he will replace them. And if not, then they r only 2 hours away so I can show up amd put my foot down.

I'm still waiting, will give them until tomorrow to reply to my e-mail then I am calling. Good to hear they are willing to try to work it out, but at the same time it sucks that they have that attitude.

Well I got on the phone with their manager and finally got him to tell me to send him the lights the way they were along with my invoice number and stuff. He said if all goes well he will replace them. And if not, then they r only 2 hours away so I can show up amd put my foot down.
I got them from Art's Performance parts in a group buy tho, maybe they ARE different.

wow that sucks! I had a ****ty experience with a pair of headlights i bought! I sent them pics and everything documenting the lousy fit of their products on my 2000 GT. all that POS owner did was give me some attitude about how I must be somewhat dumb that I can install a pair of headlights and that it was their "bread and butter" product. The damn garden hoe of a secretary that was there, gave me attitude as well. Now I may sound a bit rude, but MAN was I pissed after spending two hours tryign to figure out what was wrong with the headlights. the mounting tabs for the metal retainers were too short and would not extend far enough to allow me to put the metal clip through them. YES they did agree to refund my money, but I had to ship the damn things at my own expense. I never got a return slip or anything of that matter. Even when I was trackig the package and new it had been received, I couldnt get them to take me seriously! I WILL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DIME WITH THEM EVEN IF I HAVE TO PAY MOR ELSEWHERE. IN then end I was out 55 bukcs cause they would not refund shipping nor pay for the shipping I spent to ship back their garbage.

due a search I think I made a thread about it :)