blue smoke/loss of power

Erskine

Sep 11, 2004
Detriot
i think it is near the end of time :nonono: kind of alot of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust and it seems alot slower. i guess im goin to run it till it dies. this sucks, if anyone know where i can get low miles engine except ebay i would appreactie it.

looken for a 99+ engine/trans if possible.

im at about 169000 miles on engine and trans so that might be a good reason its goin to go soon.

• Sponsors (?)

topless98gt said:
What year is the car? Is it a LOT of blue smoke, or just kind of some?

like at first it wasnt bad just puffs here and there but yesterday it was just flowen blue smoke and it is a 96gt

i will give it a few thousand miles before somethin bad happens or sooner

topless98gt said:
Are you the original owner? If so, how do you drive the car? Do you dog it, or baby it? My car (98 GT) has 183,008 miles on it and runs like a charm.

2nd owner and i kind of dog the hell out of it alot, but other than that i cruise around town and i bought it with 160000 miles on it.

Erskine said:
2nd owner and i kind of dog the hell out of it alot, but other than that i cruise around town and i bought it with 160000 miles on it.
Get it fixed ASAP. And once you do, try to take it a little easier on the car. :p I baby mine, but go WOT about once or twice a month. When I first got the car, I was zoomin across town everywhere. I realized that it's at such a high milage that it could die on me any day, so I decided to take care of her. Good luck.

topless98gt said:
Funny thing is...I bet I'm younger than you! People say that teenagers dog on their car a lot more than adults. Well, I'm 18 and really know how to respect my car. I don't let anyone tell me otherwise.

well i just turned 19 in march but when i first got my license i drove slow but when into racing it was all over soo yea.

Erskine said:
i think it is near the end of time :nonono: kind of alot of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust and it seems alot slower. i guess im goin to run it till it dies. this sucks, if anyone know where i can get low miles engine except ebay i would appreactie it.

looken for a 99+ engine/trans if possible.

im at about 169000 miles on engine and trans so that might be a good reason its goin to go soon.

Well. Since you in my area, try going to Michigan Motor Exchange. I can vouch for their customer service being a bit poor, but their products aren't too bad. I got my motor droped in there for 3.7k and 2 weeks... Not the best. But its not too bad for the non-do-it-your-selfer. :shrug:
Just a suggestion.