Blue Smoke

silvstreak00

Oct 26, 2004
Lately i've been noticing puffs of blue smoke coming at the exhaust pipes. I know its burning oil, im adding more oil than id like to be but what are potential problems? Will it just smoke? Would changing my brand of oil or weight do anything? Its a 00 gt with 44k miles but the engine has 14 k miles with fresh rings, bearings, 2 brand new rods and a new crank. (spun 2 rod bearings 6 months ago bent the crank couple thousandths of an inch out of allignment and bent slightly 2 rods). I had my mechanic freshen everything up as far as bearings rings etc. I drive the car pretty hard. Just wanted to know if its anything to be majorly concerned about? thanks guys
Darren :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Doesn't sound like you babied it too much, so I wouldn't think you would have glazed your cylinders b/c of that. Do you know if your mechanic honed the cylinders before installing the pistons? The cylinders must be honed in order for the rings to seat. Also check your PVC valve, it should rattle if you shake it, if it's stuck closed it will make your car smoke. If you drive your car hard before the engine is warm you may have scuffed a piston, this also will cause excessive oil consumption.