BLUE SMOKE

sLo98GT

Nov 8, 2008
HERE ABOUT A MONTH AGO MY CAR STARTED SMOKING. ITS FINE AT IDLE I GIVE IT GAS AND IT WILL BLOW OUT A BIG PUFF OF BLUE SMOKE IT ALSO SMELLS LIKE ITS BURNT....ONLY TIME IT SMOKES IS WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN SITTING AND TRY TO TAKE OFF. I DIDNT SMOKE AT ALL WHEN I TOOK IT OUT OF THE 02 GT. BUT IM THINKING I MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN IT HOT AND MESSED SOMTHING UP BECAUSE I DIDNT TAPE 2ND SENSOR UPON SWAP AND IT OVER HEATED ON ME IN THE OREILYS PARKING LOT ...ANY SUGGESTIONS GUYS ? ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Posted via Mobile DeviceHI

• Sponsors (?)

id be willing to bet its your pcv valve, go to ford and get a new one, do not use auto part store ones, they suck!!!, i have had a ton of problem with them!, they cost about $12 bucks at ford

SHE HAS 80K AND I JUST DID THE PLUGS LAST WEEK NORMAL WEAR NO OIL OR ANYTHING....I ALSO GOT NEW PCV TODAY IM NOT SURE WHAT IT IS

Posted via Mobile Device

Valve seals can do this: High manifold vacuum leads to high vacuum in the ports which pulls oil through leaky seals. It gets burned en masse when the throttle is cracked and things start moving.

If you think the motor was hurt by overheating, do a compression test and, if you can, a leakdown test to see if a head gasket's been compromised.

Valve seals can do this: High manifold vacuum leads to high vacuum in the ports which pulls oil through leaky seals. It gets burned en masse when the throttle is cracked and things start moving.

If you think the motor was hurt by overheating, do a compression test and, if you can, a leakdown test to see if a head gasket's been compromised.

THANKS 4 THE INFO AND FAST POST ALL INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Posted via Mobile Device

I guess boost whould be out of the question then ?
Posted via Mobile Device