booster/MC for cobra brakes

dresmnkaos

Jan 28, 2004
ive looked at sn95 brakes.com and all the other websites jus lookin for what everybody else used

what brake booster and master cylinder did you guys use to do the cobra four wheel disc?

gathering up the last little parts to do the 5 lug conversion......throwin 18" SALEENS on my 93 hatch if anyone is wondering. its gonna be sick with the copper orange paint that is going on it this wiinter.

like always thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Idealy a 93 cobra mc and booster is used budget permitting. A 94 only (not 95+) booster can be used just fine. You can tell because the eyelet is offset from the shaft allowing the correct clearance and no binding that can be experienced with the later years. You can also use a MC from 94+gt/cobra or V6 until they went to hydroboost. It will work but the pressure on the brake might be a bit firmer. I am installing a booster and MC out of a 2300 kit.
Kevin

Idealy a 93 cobra mc and booster is used budget permitting. A 94 only (not 95+) booster can be used just fine. You can tell because the eyelet is offset from the shaft allowing the correct clearance and no binding that can be experienced with the later years. You can also use a MC from 94+gt/cobra or V6 until they went to hydroboost. It will work but the pressure on the brake might be a bit firmer. I am installing a booster and MC out of a 2300 kit.
Kevin

All of the the 94 and 95 units are the same between the GT and V6, and IIRC any of the 94+ V6 boosters should work. The modular motors had the funky boosters that we dont want.

the 93 cobra booster is smaller than the sn95 booster. the pre 90 or 91 cars have a slightly smaller booster area. if you read the mk2300 directions they actually say you may have to massage the shock tower. i had to on my 87 to make the 93 cobra booster fit. it will also help to elongate the booster holes in the firewall.

an v6 sn95 mc will have the softest pedal feel.

i have the 93 cobra stuff and love it.

^Yeah I couldn't think of the word at the time.

The 96+ V6 boosters had the offset eyelet, they will work but they aren't the best for the fox. Here's an excellent write up for those who haven't seen it, I forgot I had it in my favorites, it has a physical comparason of the boosters too. click here

no matter how soft the pedal, the pressure at the calipers stays the same correct? or do you get better clamping of the calipers with a firmer pedal?

what do yah think about a 93 booster and sn95 v6 MC?

^Yeah I couldn't think of the word at the time.

The 96+ V6 boosters had the offset eyelet, they will work but they aren't the best for the fox. Here's an excellent write up for those who haven't seen it, I forgot I had it in my favorites, it has a physical comparason of the boosters too. click here

Wow he's right that link is fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Into the fav's it goes! :nice:

I've checked part numbers before, and a fox v8 booster is the same as a 93 cobra booster, just the master cylinders differ.

Not sure where you looked that info up but it is very wrong information, the 93 Cobra Booster is completely different from the Stock V8 Booster. You can clearly see the size difference between the 2!

93boostne3.jpg