Borla S Type Installation Axle Back Question

JustinCCIE

Jun 26, 2014
Hi, I am new to this community and I have just purchased a 2014 5.0. I am about to make my first modification (God help us all). I purchased some Borla S Type Axle back mufflers. after watching YouTube, reading the directions in the box, and reading other sources online, it appears there are many ways you can install the Borla S Type mufflers. The question I have is the instructions just say unbolt the clamps at the muffler and remove the stock mufflers just like that. They make it sound really easy. Guys on YouTube disconnect mid pipes and remove the hanger in some cases. Which is not hard either but would at that point I would look to a lift. My questions is are the directions that came in the box correct or do i need to loosen the mid pipe or remove the hanger?

The reason I ask if it is just removing the clamp at the muffler I can do that. If I have to play with the mid pipe then I will take it to a shop as using a lift would be preferred.

Thanks
Justin

• Sponsors (?)

For my axle back, I disconnected them from the over-axle pipe then I unbolted the hanger brackets from the car, with the mufflers still attached. Once off the car, I switched the hangers/brackets to the new mufflers. FYI, the OEM mufflers are heavier than they look...