Exhaust Borla S Type

FrankenStang88

Feb 2, 2016
Arizona
Has anyone here bought the borla s type exhaust for their fox mustang? I got mine installed yesterday and really cant believe what i had done to my car. After it was professionaly installed, i started it for the first time and... nothing really. No borla growl. Just some soft and super quiet low tone. Even when i revved it up, it was just a slightly louder tone but nothing like what it shuld be. And better yet, i was selling some headlights to anothet fox owner and he came over and couldnt believe that i had borla because it sounded just like his car, which was STOCK exhaust. I have bbk o/r x pipes and shorty headers. So at this point im extremely confused as to why its soooo quiet when i have little to no restriction...

• Sponsors (?)

Has anyone here bought the borla s type exhaust for their fox mustang? I got mine installed yesterday and really cant believe what i had done to my car. After it was professionaly installed, i started it for the first time and... nothing really. No borla growl. Just some soft and super quiet low tone. Even when i revved it up, it was just a slightly louder tone but nothing like what it shuld be. And better yet, i was selling some headlights to anothet fox owner and he came over and couldnt believe that i had borla because it sounded just like his car, which was STOCK exhaust. I have bbk o/r x pipes and shorty headers. So at this point im extremely confused as to why its soooo quiet when i have little to no restriction...

hey frankenstang!
I know exactly what youre talking about. A couple years ago i found out that my fox had original 40 flowmasters but my car was not loud at all. I quickly bought an off road h-pipe and had it installed. The h-pipe did make my car slightly louder but not much. It wasn't until several months later that i decided to buy a cold air intake, that my car "woke up." It turns out that I shouldn't have bought a cold air intake because the factory intake already IS a cold air intake. However, If you take apart your air filter housing, you should see a black plastic thing inside the passenger fender. This is the air intake "silencer." remove it, and your car will be significantly louder. In my case, my car became too loud, that i sold my off-road h-pipe and reinstalled the factory pipe. That gave me the perfect sound i was looking for. Check it out. Let me know if this helps you. If you want, do a "fox air intake silencer" google image search to see what youre looking for. Hope this helps!

hey frankenstang!
I know exactly what youre talking about. A couple years ago i found out that my fox had original 40 flowmasters but my car was not loud at all. I quickly bought an off road h-pipe and had it installed. The h-pipe did make my car slightly louder but not much. It wasn't until several months later that i decided to buy a cold air intake, that my car "woke up." It turns out that I shouldn't have bought a cold air intake because the factory intake already IS a cold air intake. However, If you take apart your air filter housing, you should see a black plastic thing inside the passenger fender. This is the air intake "silencer." remove it, and your car will be significantly louder. In my case, my car became too loud, that i sold my off-road h-pipe and reinstalled the factory pipe. That gave me the perfect sound i was looking for. Check it out. Let me know if this helps you. If you want, do a "fox air intake silencer" google image search to see what youre looking for. Hope this helps!
I had to take out the air silencer when i put my cai on about a month ago because the filter was huge. I did that without knowing it had an effect on the sound and didnt really notice much. It got a little louder but my big issue with the exhaust is the extremely generic sound that comes from it. I thought id get THE borla sound if i bought their exhaust, but i got a stock sounding exhaust instead.

I had to take out the air silencer when i put my cai on about a month ago because the filter was huge. I did that without knowing it had an effect on the sound and didnt really notice much. It got a little louder but my big issue with the exhaust is the extremely generic sound that comes from it. I thought id get THE borla sound if i bought their exhaust, but i got a stock sounding exhaust instead.
So you have a borla exhaust with o/r mid-pipe and CAI? damn, i have a CAI, factory h-pipe (with the four cats), and original 40s flowmasters. My car sounds nice and loud. I do have bbk equal length headers but i highly doubt that has any impact on the sound.