Bosch Platinum plugs?

Does anyone use these in a fox 5.0?

I've only had my 89 vert for about 5 months now....and it just started running a little rough on hard acceleration. Well ....the guy I got the car from told me it had a fresh tune up. It did have new 9mm ford racing wires and you could tell it had a new cap on it.
Today it really started to run like crap.....so I decided to pull the plugs. The guy had bosch platinms in it. The first 2 broke as I was romoving them. So I decided to go ahead and change them out. I put OEM Motorcraft plug in it and took it around the block.....I could believe the differents in the power.

Bosch plugs are junk!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Platinum plugs are good for longevity, not performance. The best bang for the buck are good ol' copper plugs.

I used to work at a parts store and I remember a guy that got some for his 350 Silverado, he comes back a few hours later saying is truck runs like crap... anyway he got some regular plugs and it ran fine. I never recommended those plugs for anyone, mostly ricers bought them all the time; they seem to run ok for smaller engines.

They make nice key chains though. :D
0710092238.jpg

Well first of all Bosch plugs do suck, they are extremely expensive for just a name. And you dont want to run platinum plugs in a 5.0. The guy who had it before you let a parts store guy convince him to get them, either cause the parts store guy didnt know what he was talking about or wanted to get his sales up. I work at a parts store and 8 plugs at 7 bucks a pop is a nice little sale. Or the guy you bought it from was just an idiot, but most people dont just walk in and say "I WANT BOSCH PLUGS", most people dont know what they want.

Even in the Chevy and Olds I had, I always tryed to get the Motorcraft plugs.
Accel was my second choice.
I NEVER had any luck with Any of the platinum ones i have tryed.
That includes, Bosch, NGK, Splitfire, and Champion (never had luck with any of the Champs)

Yea I ALWAYS recommend the factory style plug, for gm I recommend ACdelco, for ford I recommend autolite or Motorcraft, for everything else I recommend NGK, you really cant go wrong with NGK imo, even in a fox, just dont get platinum's. Champions for lawnmowers haha.

Yea I ALWAYS recommend the factory style plug, for gm I recommend ACdelco, for ford I recommend autolite or Motorcraft, for everything else I recommend NGK, you really cant go wrong with NGK imo, even in a fox, just dont get platinum's. Champions for lawnmowers haha.

+1 I was the exact same way! And Champions are for lawnmowers.

I had a guy get some ACdelcos for his 5.0, I guess its not bad... just a little strange.

10 or so years ago I was the parts manager at a Nissan dealership. A kid that worked at the local NAPA store bought a new Frontier pickup. About a week later he came in complaining that his brand new truck had a bad miss. They brought it into the service department, removed the Bosch Platinums that he had installed right after he bought it and charged him $100 to install a set of factory NGK's.

Anyone try the E3's?? I am about due for new plugs.... I have autolites in her right now. Bosch made the stang run like crap as I did try them about 10 yrs ago in her... never, ever again..I dont care if they were to give them to me for free I still wouldnt install them.

Anyone try the E3's?? I am about due for new plugs.... I have autolites in her right now. Bosch made the stang run like crap as I did try them about 10 yrs ago in her... never, ever again..I dont care if they were to give them to me for free I still wouldnt install them.

Honestly, dont waste your money on anything than a basic spark plug. There is no gain to be had and 5.0's seem to run best on a generic Autolite or Motorcraft plug. Keep it simple.