Boss 304 Rims

642mx

Feb 23, 2011
Well.... after months of searching for the right rims that my wife and I both like, we decided to go with the Boss 304 Chrome.

I got the 18x8" rims so I can use the stock rubber. Hopefully they look good on the car! And I hope I can still use the MGP caliper covers. Anyone know if they work with aftermarket rims? Maybe I should get some small spacers so they clear?

I'll get some pics as soon as they arrive.

Here's a link to the rim: BOSS Wheels - BOSS 304

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah... its a daily driver, so keeping the cost down on the tires was part of the reason. And I didn't want them to stick out any further and throw rocks down the sides of it.

Well, they wouldn't stick out futher necessarily depending on proper offset and backspacing. I can understand the reasoning though, being able to swap over your tires does allow for instant installation. My Shelby rims are still sitting in my cousin's basement waiting on tires. I will say this: wider in the back= more traction, and Mustangs just look sexy with staggered rims. The upside is if you decide to go to wider rears in the future, say when the 4 stock tires you are on now finally need replacing, odds are you can get 18x9 or 18x10 rear rims in the same style from Boss and be fully dressed out.

Yep... Boss makes the same rim in a 18x9, so I could stagger them, but I probably won't. I need to be able to rotate the tires and get some life out of them.

If it wasn't a daily driver, I would have done it differently and used some wider rims...

I guess I could go ahead and buy 2 of the 9" rims and mount up some drag radials for messing around at the strip.... :D

I have 20x9's on the front and 20x10's on the rear of my stang, with 255/35 and 275/35 directional tires respectively, so no possibility of rotating them at all. The car is my daily driver, I'm in college and it's a 240 mile drive home from here. No problems with wear or any of that, just keep tire pressure up and you're fine. So don't worry about tire life, it will do just fine without rotating.

Tire rotation is really overrated. I have about 17k miles on my 2010, never have rotated the tires, and they are all worn very evenly. Like the above post says, just keep your pressures consistent. Just so you know, an 18x9 out back won't really give you a staggered look, you'd probably want an 18x10 with a deep dish to pull it off. Nothing wrong with leaving the 18x8s up front though. I was just thinking that at some point you're gonna have to buy 4 tires, so that might be the right time to stagger, since you already have 2 rims for the front, if you wanted to stagger at all.

You guys are crazy! I've got just over 2000 miles and my tires could use rotating now. The fronts have just a little bit of a rough outside edge and the rears are a little thin all the way across... :rlaugh:

Before the Mustang, we've had imports (I still have a 3000GT in the garage). On the imports, we use the same rim front/back because they are FWD... its just what I'm used to I guess. Wider rear tires has a good look, but also reminds me of some late 80's camaro's with air shocks and peeling paint....lol

I got home last night and saw that the UPS man had stopped by. I dropped the car off at the tire shop on my way to work this morning for the install. Pics coming soon!

Crappy pics... I got caught in the rain on the way home... washed it... and it started raining again.

Anyways:

mustang-1.jpg

mustang2-2.jpg

I really like them!!

Are those "caliper covers?" Umm..

I had 2005-09 GT500 wheels/tires on my 07. They had 265s in the front and 285s in the back. The rims where 18x9.5. If I ever wore them out, I could always get matching widths (275) and then rotate them.

I'm pretty good about rotating tires. I do it about every 5K miles and all 4 look the same. I usually get quite a few miles out of even summer-only tires. I had 35K on my 07 OEM tires, but those were like cast iron.