Bought A 99 Limited Edition But It Has No Wing. Is It A Fake?

Lorio

Sep 12, 2017
It does not have the wing, but all else seems right. Did someone just add limited edition options I wonder. It has the silver insert on dash and upholstery as well. Can I get someone to check the vin# for me to verify pleases.
Thanks.
LoriO

99 had a 35th anniversary edition. It had badging and some other stuff. Engine etc was all the same. Where as 04's ALL had 40th anniversary badges but even it had a true 40th package (crimson with ugly ass stripes and a couple other color with gold stripe combos).

There are a TON of dealer "packages" and aftermarket support for these cars.

Should also have a hood scoop like the 2002, a black stripe in front of the scoop,a black applique on the rear taillight area, special wheels etc. Could have ordered the delete on the spoiler theoretically but I really do not see this though on this particular model. Google 35th Anniversary Mustang and see for yourself.

This thread might end up getting moved over to the "Special Production" subforum. There's a section within there dedicated to the 35th Anniversary Special Editions and you can request a VIN check there to see if your car was an SE or not.