brain fart after 3 yrs 3grand car runs but white smoke idles high!! please help

not sure how to test that...had to borrow a guage last week was 38psi with vaccum on and the iac is the cylindrical sensor on the intake right?

Get that fuel pressure gauge back and just turn the key on. Don't start the car. See what the pressure reads.

The IAC is the cylindrical sensor on the right hand side of the throttle body. Just unplug it and see if the car idles down to around 600 to 800.

• Sponsors (?)

HATE TO ADMIT IT but i had the belt misrouted...anyway i readjusted the timing i actually retarted it a bit more and it idles at like 1200 other wise wont start without ether is this OKAY? ..so i misrouted the belt i made an "S" with the belt on the water pump and crank rather than a backwards "s" like the setup should be...my problems are slowly going away as i unstupify my motor.....THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE HELPED but still need further suggestions...whaat will disconnecting the iac do or tell me exactly? also is 38 psi okay or should it be higher? i think higher cause the headers still glow orange a little not bad but get hot enough to start melting the spark plug wires even though theyre tied out of the way...where can you get the metal socks for the plug wires so they dont melt also if the metal inside the rubber in the wires is showing can you use electrical tape? maybe a dumb question cause i have seen that and the spark goes nuts and causes havoc but i did on one and it seems right...is there a way to test the plug wires i'm sure there is just dont know how...