Brakes Brake distribution valve question

I did a search and found the site below. It seems they offer a rebuild service. One of the posters at FEP just tried to refurbish his and had a really hard time. After seeing the heartburn that fella had I'd give them a call. He also bought all his "parts" from MCR but it turned out there were pieces needed that weren't in the kit/not available, etc.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I did a search and found the site below. It seems they offer a rebuild service. One of the posters at FEP just tried to refurbish his and had a really hard time. After seeing the heartburn that fella had I'd give them a call. He also bought all his "parts" from MCR but it turned out there were pieces needed that weren't in the kit/not available, etc.

I remember that post on FEP and thought " sure glad mine is in good shape"... LOL now.... Tried to contact him but the website is still down.
Thanks for this lead... I have sent them an email.....
White Post site says they also rebuild P valves.......

Last edited:
So I found a part number on mine and did some research and this site has the interchange on cars that will have the correct one.

You might be able to find on in a salvage yard near you or have one shipped. There is one up here in Oklahoma for $40.

I know people have used ones like you posed above and they work but if you can find a clean OEM one and use your rebuild kit it will be a lot less hassle.
If you go to the above attachment ( muscle car research) it shows the multiple valves his repair kit fits.
for my P valve EOZC-2B328-AA it shows a "service part" of EOZZ-2B257-A
Is the service part what I would have received if ordering it at the ford parts dept when it was available?

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these ford parts that the ONLY difference is the first letter"
One is EOZZ-2B257-A
Two is DOZZ-2B257-A ......... Anybody?

Thanks......
OOOPS, still cant get there... All I get is " Site is down".... I know it can't be my superior computer talents.....

Got no idea why the regular address doesn't work, but try this link....
If it works, navigate to the page you want and make a new shortcut to it.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these ford parts that the ONLY difference is the first letter"
One is EOZZ-2B257-A
Two is DOZZ-2B257-A ......... Anybody?

FYI, here's a tutorial (one of many on the web of internetedness) on decoding Ford p/n's....

I would say to look at the fox era ford cars, drum rear and no antilock brake systems, maybe trucks?
When I googled the number from my PV, I get NOTHING.... When I googled the Service part# EOZZ-2B257-A this number DOZZ-2B257-A started to pop up.. My PV is EXACTLY like the Scott Drake part in the attachment .... If they were close by I would drive there and compare the part, but they are not close...

https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/xlarge/sdk-d0zz-2b257-a_nr_xl.jpg

Contact them and ask.
I did contact Classic lines to see what size/pitch the fittings on their lines are for a 70 mustang... Lets see what I get back if they respond.
Also sent a request to Scott Drake for the same thing....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The more I think about it, the more I believe that the proportioning valve for the 79-86 Capri would work. I don't know why the Capri would be listed as an application, but the Fox Mustang not listed. I'm pretty sure they used the same braking arrangement. The Merc may have been just a tad heavier, but I don't think it would be enough of a difference to change things. Could the fittings be different? Dunno, but I think it's worth a shot....