• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Brakes Brake hardline mounting hardware?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scrapla347
  • Start date Start date Dec 11, 2024
  • Tags Tags
    #brakes

Scrapla347

Active Member
Apr 23, 2020
202
67
38
Florida
Dec 11, 2024
#1
  • Dec 11, 2024
  • #1
I'm replacing the brake hard line that runs from the engine bay to the rear of the car to the soft line. I have the new line but want to know how to secure it, what hardware should I use? I noticed the factory used some pop rivets but was curious if I could use some 3/4" self tappers in their place?
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,366
21,572
234
Box behind Walmart
Dec 11, 2024
#2
  • Dec 11, 2024
  • #2
I don't see why not. Predrill your holes, spray Rustoleum, install, spray again. They won't move until you move them.
 
Reactions: Scrapla347

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,051
10,676
213
polk county florida
Dec 12, 2024
#3
  • Dec 12, 2024
  • #3
Check whats on the other side of the metal area, self tappers have a nasty point on them and you DO NOT want to poke your foot, hands or butt with one that sticking up when you're working on the ride.
Personally I'd use aluminium rivets.
 
Reactions: Wayne Waldrep and Scrapla347

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2020
5,501
2,922
173
Florida
Dec 12, 2024
#4
  • Dec 12, 2024
  • #4
The Stop shop..........
when I do my " new " project, I will use the extruded aluminum " line" holders......
 
Reactions: General karthief and Scrapla347
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Brakes Front Brake Hardline Routing
  • 93Nifty
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
196
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 12, 2026
93Nifty
Y
Brake issues 2.0 lol
  • Ybfav84
  • Jun 24, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
339
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 25, 2025
Mustang5L5
New fuel pump relay
  • Scrapla347
  • Nov 3, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 8, 2025
Scrapla347
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
234
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
396
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?