Brake system help

hope your gonna change those nasty axle bearing s and seals.

Took another look at mine and have now decided to just get the aftermarket proportioning valve. It's going to be too much of a pain getting the flaring tool in there or pulling the lines. This is good info if I ever decide to go that route sometime in the future or on another car.

Decided it's time for an update for anyone that's wondering how things went.

Well, it's done and everything works good. Another thanks for all those helped me figure this all out.

I ended up pulling the brake cable bracket out of another car to weld in mine since '86 and older didn't have one.

Ended up using parking cables for a '95 V-6 car and the parking brake works great.

One problem was the first booster I got:

I fought with this for about an hour trying to get the brake lights working. Finally pulled the booster back out and noticed the hole is all worn out. Wasn't to happy about that. Took it back to O'reilly and had them order another (last one they could get). Second one worked out good.

And just for the heck of it, finished and pulled outside.

Think I'm going to switch to a set of Hawk pads up front, or something similar though. They do grab, just not quite as strong as I hoped. Currently have some Raybestos pads on.

Reactions: 1 users