Brake upgrade 2007 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Hi jpplaw,
Thank you for the great suggestions!! I'm going for full upgrade. I followed a link for the GT500 wheels and will be going with the 19x10 rears and 19x8.5 front machined black and then just increasing the tire size to the 19 inch all around.

You can ask. I have a 2007 GT, not the S197. And maybe you are right in spending the money elsewhere, which I also have considered. My car use is mostly to and from work, occasional road trips. I only have 27K miles on it now and the tires are still in good shape. I'm just thinking down the road in changing up the rims and tires to 19s. I could always just do the brake upgrade later I suppose and just go with the Hawks HPS or ceramics until then. I also want to change out the H-pipes and go to X-pipes and then a short shifter eventually. Thanks for the great recomendations though!!!

Just confirming, I thought all mustangs after 2005 to present are s197. It is a platform designation, not a model designation.
Yes, 2005-2012 = S197.

You can ask. I have a 2007 GT, not the S197. And maybe you are right in spending the money elsewhere, which I also have considered. My car use is mostly to and from work, occasional road trips. I only have 27K miles on it now and the tires are still in good shape. I'm just thinking down the road in changing up the rims and tires to 19s. I could always just do the brake upgrade later I suppose and just go with the Hawks HPS or ceramics until then. I also want to change out the H-pipes and go to X-pipes and then a short shifter eventually. Thanks for the great recomendations though!!!
I would just recommend some brake pads for your purposes. http://www.steeda.com/store/hawk-high-performance-street-brake-pads-for-ford-mustang.html

I have the HPS pads on my car, I am happy with them. They don't make noise on my car or real bad brake dust. I put a set on my girlfriends Jeep Liberty and they make a lot of noise and dust. I think I am going to have to switch them to ceramics before this summer when she drives with the window down a lot. They stop a lot better than the NAPA junk that was on her car before though.

that link just takes you to the registration page.

i cant seem to navigate their forum well enough to find brake advice.

"]that link just takes you to the registration page.

i cant seem to navigate their forum well enough to find brake advice.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry about that...I would just copy and past the info, but there is a good bit of it. Basically the discussion is up grading a 05 - 09 to the 11" (12.4' to 13.2" rotors) very cheap.
Worth registering to read IMO.