Fox Brake warning light ON and OFF unexpectedly

PonyGTrider

Feb 27, 2019
Mexico
Hi all,
I'm having a weird issue with my brake warning light.
I replaced the incandescent Illuminating light bulbs with LED's. I only replaced the 6 illuminating bulbs, now with the car parked E-brake ON and engine OFF I open the switch and no brake warning light shows on the dash, if I flip the parking lights ON the brakes warning light comes ON but if I release the E-brake handle the light stays ON. I don't have the stock E-brake handle, I replaced it with a newer adjustable one bot never had any issues before. Sometimes the brakes warning light stays OFF even after I flip the parking light ON, so there is too much inconsistencies... Where to focus my attention on to fix this issue?

Thank you all

• Sponsors (?)

If the brake fluid is ok:
Flip the bulb. If no change install the stock bulb, check function.
Brake fluid level is right, all the warning lights still have incandescent bulb I replaced just the illuminating bulbs six of them with LED’s so no point on flipping that bulb.
That brake light just comes ON and OFF intermittently, also I noticed that if the light is OFF but I dimm the cluster lights all the way down I can see the brake light ON but really fainted. Weird stuff!!!

Thank you

Is it an LED bulb? If so, it doesn't take much voltage to get it to blip for a second.

I swapped my cluster to LED's and my brake light comes on for a split second every time i open/close the door. I put an incandescent bulb in and it went away. Decided to put the LED back and just live with it.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, so only the illumination in the cluster is LED and all the indicator lights are standard incandescent bulbs.

Any chance the printed circuit on the back of the cluster got damaged? I only say this as I pulled the cluster out of my Coupe and ended up damaging the circuit that over half the illumination bulbs are one. Was an idiot and did not function test it before I button everything back up and ended up right back in it to solder a jumper wire in to fix my dumbassery. Could be the wire in one of the plugs on the back of the cluster as well.

Is swapping the illumination bulbs out the only thing you have done to the car since this issue popped up? I believe that is the case but wanted to clarify.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it an LED bulb? If so, it doesn't take much voltage to get it to blip for a second.

I swapped my cluster to LED's and my brake light comes on for a split second every time i open/close the door. I put an incandescent bulb in and it went away. Decided to put the LED back and just live with it.
All the warning lights have regular incandescent bulbs. The illuminating lights (6) have LED bulbs…