brakes for 99 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Zinc rotors are for corrosion. Rotors are made out of iron, and rust almost immediately. Cobra setups have a lot of unswept area, that will rust, so the zinc plating keeps it looking clean. The zinc will wear off the swept are the second you touch your brakes. That's fine because the brake pads will remove the rust.

Those look to be Raybestos rotors (judging by their separate rotors page), which don't have that great of a reputation. They tend to crack at the track (real tracks, not 1/4s).

Those kits are a decent price because they include the SS hoses. If you want to save some $$, just get the calipers from any FRPP store (John Berkly Ford is the cheapest @ $175 for std cobra calipers) and go to Tirerack.com for the rotors ($135 delivered). So for about $325 you can have the same kit, minus the hoses.

would you then recommend to stick with the Brembo solid rotors instead of the slotted "questionable" Raybestos rotors?

Are the SS lines worth it, do they really make a difference on the street over the conventional rubber ones?

wickedtama said:
would you then recommend to stick with the Brembo solid rotors instead of the slotted "questionable" Raybestos rotors?
Yes. Cross drilled for bling and bling only. Slots are not recommended, but kinda ok. I would recommend the plain brembos. Get them zinc coated (I think chrome shops do this) if you are a clean freak ( you can also paint the unswept portion, I've seen mixed results). If you plan on doing an open track day, get the Brembos, no questions asked.

wickedtama said:
Are the SS lines worth it, do they really make a difference on the street over the conventional rubber ones?
This is iffy. You don't need new lines. I didn't get them, I'm saving them for a future present to myself. They should yeild some addition feel.