Brakes?

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
So is the brakes better or bigger on the 5.0's then our 4 banger? I'm parting out a LX 5.0 and this guy wants the brakes to upgrade his ex4 banger car? If thats the case then i'll put them on mine :nice: So let me know if ya need some 5.0 swap stuff. peace

john:p

• Sponsors (?)

Well if you decide to come back and check....

Yes 5.0 cars had bigger front brakes (rotor size, caliper size, spindle size), along with larger power booster and redesigned master cyclinder. It would be a worthwhile switch over for a stock/mild mustang. (for the money)

Well if you decide to come back and check....

Yes 5.0 cars had bigger front brakes (rotor size, caliper size, spindle size), along with larger power booster and redesigned master cyclinder. It would be a worthwhile switch over for a stock/mild mustang. (for the money)

So what would be a fair price for all this stuff? I might even keep it and put it on my 92 4 banger? So would i need all this you listed or just the calipers, rotors, spindles, and lines? peace

john:p

Fair price? check around and see what everyone else is selling this for such as MPS or other salvage yards....i think theres one guy on here who is a ebay junky...he might know..

if you plan on upgrading to stock 5.0 brake setup, yes you will need everything from spindle to the caliper including rubber lines, master cyc/power booster, and your replacable parts such: as castle nuts/cotter pins for the spindle assembly, new wheel bearings with its cotter pins also, and brake pads.

Recommended would be to replace rubber brake hoses, resurface brake rotors, purchase a vaccum brake bleeding kit, and a haynes/chilton manual for proper torque specs and illustrations.

Now before you start you need to take a serious look and ask yourself if you are going to need more stopping power in the near future for any major mods coming your way. This would be a good time to upgrade to cobra brake or bear brake kits that are out.