RANT!!! Brand New Master Cylinder Defective!!

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
Doing the 5 lug swap on my other SSP mustang, got a brand new 93 Cobra Master Cylinder and as soon as I put fluid in, it starts leaking at the seam where the top and bottom of the pl;astic reservoir are formed together. Now this holds up my progress big time while I wait for another one. You would think quality control would be a little better!! This was a Dorman MC.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Doing the 5 lug swap on my other SSP mustang, got a brand new 93 Cobra Master Cylinder and as soon as I put fluid in, it starts leaking at the seam where the top and bottom of the pl;astic reservoir are formed together. Now this holds up my progress big time while I wait for another one. You would think quality control would be a little better!! This was a Dorman MC.
That sucks man! It seems like things like this are becoming more the norm lately. Just speaks to the labor force these days. Nobody give a $h!t

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Go get a stock 94/95 Mc from the same parts store and swap the reservoirs out. Return the stock one and let them know the reservoir leaks and ask for your money back.

Ah crap, I forget you are in HI so that may not work.