Break In The New S550 Engine

• Sponsors (?)

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Ford recommends 1,000 miles of varied RPM's to break in the engine. Personally I have not seen any ill effect to running mine hard right out of the gate.

Hi guys,
I'm getting my new 2015 mustang gt premium in a couple of days and I just want to know a bit more about breaking in the new engine.
whats the best procedure??
thanks
I'm a firm believer in proper warm up, at least a min in warm weather. Then as 84top said, stager your rpms, the old saying was if you went on the road at 70 for many miles without changing RPM you cut a grove in the block....but things might be different now. I would not red line it (Maybe once ore twice just to know what there. An finally did and recommend an oil change before 1000 miles....

Regards
Bob

Hi guys,
I'm getting my new 2015 mustang gt premium in a couple of days and I just want to know a bit more about breaking in the new engine.
whats the best procedure??
thanks
I may be stating the obvious, but even once you break it in, always, always let the oil get to a normal operating temp before really hammering on it. At least that's what I was taught anyway.