Brenspeed SCT tune/JLT CAI Impressions

ViperNuge

Sep 26, 2009
Maui
:DOrdered 10/16 arrived Maui 10/29.....They shipped 5 days after I ordered just as promised. Box packed well, nothing missing. Having never seen a JLT cai in person I was impressed with the nice gloss black paint and polished billet tube. Instructions were kinda vague but having installed several cai kits in the past it was no biggie to install.

I watched the brenspeed sct install video from their site to get an idea on how to use the sct controller. No problems there either. Install was very simple. I was a little anxious as not wanting to f#ck up, but its all quite simple.....hell, even a caveman could do it!:rlaugh:

Driving: When I first started the car I noticed the nice whoosh sucking sound.....love it!! Putting the car into drive I instantly noticed the throttle response (auto) was WAY better. I left my neighborhood quite civilized and proceeded to a nice empty straight road. Floored it and left two long black marks for 60 feet or so:D......stock tires squeel quite loud!! Then took it out on the road for some full throttle runs. Like it was promised by many of you, got some nice scratch's going into second and third gears! :nice: Car pulls much harder and shifts are firmer producing the scratch but not slamming so hard that you feel you just shredded your tranny. I would say a civilized gear change but still with all the power.

Overall impression: Well worth the cost.....I paid $579 which included shipping to Maui. Power through the pedal feels so much better.....lag time is gone. Tone of the motor is sweet, love it. A great mod..........and would say a "must mod" for all cars.....especially the auto trannys.

If your on the fence about doing this mod, stop everything and order now.....you will love it!!

patrick

• Sponsors (?)

I'm actually glad to hear this review (along with the MANY OTHERS that I have read) about this combo being that I just purchased the sct/jlt package. :nice:

I'll be doing some before/after passes at HRP with these as well.

I'm actually glad to hear this review (along with the MANY OTHERS that I have read) about this combo being that I just purchased the sct/jlt package. :nice:

I'll be doing some before/after passes at HRP with these as well.

Your gonna love it dude. I will be at the track next weekend 11/21 Sat night. I will let you all know how she runs.

Ed, there is no regretting the cash. I researched the sh#t out of this purchase. Best $579 I have spent in a long time.

patrick