• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

Broken Drivers Side Mirro

  • Thread starter Thread starter xxrequiemxx
  • Start date Start date Mar 1, 2008

xxrequiemxx

Member
Aug 23, 2001
239
0
16
Long Island, NY
Mar 1, 2008
#1
  • Mar 1, 2008
  • #1
Broken Drivers Side Mirror

I was having a drink with a lady friend at a local pub last night. 10 minutes before I left - someone came into the bar asking if anyone owned a black mustang that was parked out front. Well, this mustang was mine. My car was parked on the side of a main road - which I have done countless amounts of time.

Well - he said he was smoking a cig and a car was driving by and took my mirror off with their mirror. I go outside - and sure enough the glass from the mirror was ripped off, the plastic housing around the motor was broken and I think the motor might be damaged. Luckily - no body scratches occured during this. The bastard who did the damage never stopped to man up to what they did

Since this happend- I will most likely go to the agent 47 mirrors rather than buying a factory replacement.

Question - if I purchase these - will I need to purchase a motor as well or do the agent 47's come with their own motor?
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Mar 1, 2008
#2
  • Mar 1, 2008
  • #2
If the motor is damaged, you will need to get a new one as the A47 mirrors do not come with motors. Funny, half way through, I was thinking about telling you to get the A47 mirrors. Sucks that your mirror got knocked off, but now you can justify better ones.
 

xxrequiemxx

Member
Aug 23, 2001
239
0
16
Long Island, NY
Mar 1, 2008
#3
  • Mar 1, 2008
  • #3
I will have to look at the motor a little more - does anyone have a pic of what the motor alone looks like? I dont see really any damage - but I want to confirm.

Also - does anyone know where I can get a motor online if need be?
 
R

Ric54

New Member
Nov 8, 2007
1
0
0
Mar 1, 2008
#4
  • Mar 1, 2008
  • #4
mirror

Sorry to hear of your trouble. You can get one at http://www.ford-parts.com . It will cost about $89 with shipping. I replaced my passenger side mirror that got broke off. It is an easy repair.
 

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
1,054
0
46
Houston TX
Mar 1, 2008
#5
  • Mar 1, 2008
  • #5
Sucks that these cars don't have foldable mirrors. That could have easily prevented stories like yours man.
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Mar 1, 2008
#6
  • Mar 1, 2008
  • #6
walter said:
Sucks that these cars don't have foldable mirrors. That could have easily prevented stories like yours man.
Click to expand...

Only if you remember to fold them, of course (which 99.9% of people don't)
 
H

Hoboattacker

New Member
Sep 7, 2005
542
0
0
Baton Rouge (LSU) / Houston, TX
Mar 1, 2008
#7
  • Mar 1, 2008
  • #7
walter said:
Sucks that these cars don't have foldable mirrors. That could have easily prevented stories like yours man.
Click to expand...

My car isn't a truck, foldable mirrors dont' belong on a cars.
 

fobra559

At least it's more erect and not floppy anymore.
Nov 1, 2007
721
0
0
Lindsay, CA
Mar 1, 2008
#8
  • Mar 1, 2008
  • #8
Sorry to hear that man. But at least you'll upgrade to better ones.
 
T

The Fang

Member
Sep 11, 2005
602
0
16
Tallahassee Fl
Mar 2, 2008
#9
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #9
Man I wouldnt park on a street. I'm real picky where I park.
 

fobra559

At least it's more erect and not floppy anymore.
Nov 1, 2007
721
0
0
Lindsay, CA
Mar 2, 2008
#10
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #10
The Fang said:
Man I wouldnt park on a street. I'm real picky where I park.
Click to expand...

Isolation right?
 

Radman

New Member
Feb 4, 2007
113
0
0
Texas
Mar 2, 2008
#11
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #11
If your motor is ok I have a housing and mirror I'll give you. Just let me know.
 

xxrequiemxx

Member
Aug 23, 2001
239
0
16
Long Island, NY
Mar 2, 2008
#12
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #12
I think the motor is shot A lot of cracked off plastic. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it.

What are other options out there for replacement mirrors? I am not a big fan of the agent 47's.
 

Radman

New Member
Feb 4, 2007
113
0
0
Texas
Mar 2, 2008
#13
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #13
xxrequiemxx said:
I think the motor is shot A lot of cracked off plastic. Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it.

What are other options out there for replacement mirrors? I am not a big fan of the agent 47's.
Click to expand...


I bought one on ebay the other day, new for $38.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...227895463QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230227895463
 

xxrequiemxx

Member
Aug 23, 2001
239
0
16
Long Island, NY
Mar 2, 2008
#14
  • Mar 2, 2008
  • #14
Radman, how did it fit? were all the plugs right? Also - this one also included a motor??
 

Radman

New Member
Feb 4, 2007
113
0
0
Texas
Mar 3, 2008
#15
  • Mar 3, 2008
  • #15
xxrequiemxx said:
Radman, how did it fit? were all the plugs right? Also - this one also included a motor??
Click to expand...


It has yet to arrive. I'll report in when it does.
 

xxrequiemxx

Member
Aug 23, 2001
239
0
16
Long Island, NY
Mar 4, 2008
#16
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #16
My father does autobody for a living and ordered an aftermarket mirror for my car, cheap.

It should arrive this afternoon. Ill let you you know how it goes.
 

xxrequiemxx

Member
Aug 23, 2001
239
0
16
Long Island, NY
Mar 4, 2008
#17
  • Mar 4, 2008
  • #17
I just installed my new replacement aftermarket mirror. Cost 45 bucks and fit like a charm.
 

LV51FER

New Member
Oct 25, 2005
318
0
0
Caerphilly, Wales, UK
Mar 5, 2008
#18
  • Mar 5, 2008
  • #18
Hoboattacker said:
My car isn't a truck, foldable mirrors dont' belong on a cars.
Click to expand...


They do on every single car in Europe by law. The Mustang's mirrors are a real PITA when you need to get the car in our tiny garages. Corvette mirrors fold too!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
J
Progress Thread Family member 1989 GT- Backstory and updates
  • JRC99
  • Apr 19, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
15
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 26, 2025
JRC99
J
M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
635
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
C
Anybody recognize this car?
  • ctandc
  • Jun 14, 2023
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
10
Views
3K
The Welcome Wagon Apr 27, 2025
Noobz347
8
For Sale 94-98 Cobra Air Bag Driver Side Tan
  • 85cleangtvert
  • Jan 10, 2023
  • Interior Exterior Parts
Replies
1
Views
2K
Interior Exterior Parts Oct 6, 2025
from6to8
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?