build up plans/ parts list and open to ideas

l3lue

Jun 21, 2004
why guys, i bought a 89 LX H/C/I car the guy i bought it from claims its a 347 stroker but I don't know for sure...it's just been sitting and rotting for the past 6months, i feel guilty haha...I think my issue is I don't have a goal or build up plans. Right now it has a 150shot of nitrous on it but I might want to move away from the gas and move to boost maybe with a turbo setup, what are some good build up ideas? i'm basically looking for 500HP, car is by no means a daily driver this is what it has done so far off the top of my head

Dynamic C4 tranny with shiftkit and reverse manual valve body
347 stroker w/ all forged internals
1.76 rockers
H/C/I
(Steel World Heads)
(Trickflow upper and lower track heat)
(unknown cam - but has a nice lope)
coil overs in the front
moroso adjustable drag shocks in the back
mickey thompson ET streets
no back seat
Long tubes w/ exhaust and turn downs
3.73 gears
No AC
30lb injectors
150 Shot Nitrous kit w/ purge
and other misc.

What would be a good setup for about 500HP? I'm really looking at turbo setups as I had a 87 GN before this car but it got stolen. that car was pretty quick and i think slap a turbo on a V8 it might be a lil quicker :)

Would be nice if it could be legal in a NMRA class!

• Sponsors (?)

well this isnt really "tech" but yea a turbo setup could easily make 500 hp but your block cant handle it.

If it's not tech, mods feel free to move it to "talk".

As for stock block, can a stock block handle 450HP? :shrug: I always thought it wasn't until beyond 550 that you had cracking problems...