Bulding an engine from the block

My friend is selling me the block to a 302 and I am not sure what else I am getting besides the computer,radiator,and stuff like that.I also cannot think of all the components to build the engine from just the block.I was wondering if anyone can list everything I would need,it would be a big help.Thansk!

• Sponsors (?)

hmmmm....my only suggesstion instead of trying to think of all the parts is to just buy a "Rebuilding Ford Small Block Engines" book from SummitRacing or another performance store. That should walk you through it...

Are you reusing most of the external stuff from your existing engine? Such as the heads, intake, timing & valve covers, distributor, oil pan, etc? If so, all you need to do is come up with a rotating assembly (crank, bearings, rods, pistons, pins & rings), cam w/ bearings, and finally all of the gaskets and fasteners required to bolt everything together.

Just started thinking, in no particular order: :banana:

Crankshaft, crankshaft bearinngs, harmonic balancer, cam, cam bearings, pushrods, timing chain, pistons, piston rings, connecting rods, freeze plugs, lifters(also called tappets), cylinder heads(valves, valve seats, valve springs, valve spring retainers), rocker arms, intake manifold, throttle body & spacer with gaskets, fuel injectors, fuel rails, oil pan and gasket, oil pump and pickup, front timing cover, water pump, alternator, accessory pulleys, belt, starter, flywheel(man trans) or flexplate(auto trans), head studs or bolts, head gaskets, upper and lower intake manifold gaskets, Mass air sensor and computer or just computer if speed density, BAP sensor, ECT and ACT sensors, 02 sensors, wire harness, vacuum hoses, headers and header gaskets, valve covers and gaskets

Did I miss anything important? I assumed there is stuff in the car to make the engine run. :spot:

ok this may be a bit long winded but I'll try not to miss anything........this is for an efi not including all the sensors I can't remember them all lol.

Block
crank Bearings
Connecting rods
pistons
piston rings :)
oil pan/gasket
oil pump
heads including gaskets springs seals valves ect
cam - B303 or better :D
lifters
pushrods
Rocker arms
Rocker Covers and Gaskets
Cam sprocket
timing chain or Gear drive (HELL YEAH)
intake gasket
upper and lower intake manifolds & gaskets
Distibutor assembly including shaft, dizzy, cap ect
water pump
thermostat
alternator
SMOG Pump OPTIONAL
Power Steering OPTIONAL
fuel rails
fuel pressure regulator
injectors
throttle body
MAS Air?
Exhaust manifolds or Header are pref....
Exhaust gaskets
Assembly lube
Oil & Filter lol
Coolant
Rad
Spark Plugs
Freeze Plugs

Am I missing anything here people? lol my head hurts..... I need a beer and a smoke..... stuck at work so I guess its just the smoke for now :)